Chapter 4

Not knowing where they are going they ran through the woods in the back and continue until they're met with two paths. "This way!" Leo points to the left road. "No, this way for sure. I grew up playing in these woods." Emma denied Leo. "I'm telling you guys we have to go this way! It's our way out!" Leo said not wanting to believe Emma. On that note, they went Leo's way and got lost. "Why did we decide to go your way again?" Scarlett asked annoyed. "See, I told you it was that way but did you ever think that your way was wrong? No!" Emma said angrily. Leo looked at them with disappointment in his eyes. "I'm sorry okay! I just didn't think twice and went with my gut." Emma and Scarlett nodded understanding what he meant and tried to find their way back together.

~~~

As they got closer to an abandoned house, they could hear the sounds of glass shattering. "What was that?" Leo whispered. "I'm not sure, I haven't been to this part of the woods before," Emma answered. "Either way, we should check it out. Leo, please don't do anything not-so-smart." Emma replied and gave a small glare to Leo. "I don't know guys I mean it could be a murderer for all we know and then we might be dead," Scarlett said with fear in her voice. "Hey, it's okay we just gotta stay close and don't split up," Leo said making Scarlett calm down a little bit. "I see why you were chosen for the lion since you know how to be a leader," Scarlett said with hope in her eyes. They soon got to the house and looked at the slightly, open front door. "Oh no, I may be walking through the woods but I'm not going there first." Scarlett pointing to the door. "Fine. I will go first. Just stay close." Emma sighed and went in front of Scarlett. Leo quickly followed readily for anything. Then they found a cozy place to settle in. 

To be continued...