Chapter 12

"I'm exhausted," Sienna admitted.

"Yeah well, being five months pregnant will do that to you," chuckled Gabby.

"It's not necessarily that. I've just been so busy between work, doctor's appointments, and therapy sessions. It's just all lot some days," Sienna sighed, rubbing her large baby bump, "But I'm trying to focus on all the good. I'm engaged to a man I love very much, we're having a baby together, and my therapist told me I am making amazing progress."

"That's great Sienna. I'm really happy for you."

"Thanks. Kelly and I get to find out the gender today after shift. I'm excited."

"I bet! I'm expecting a text afterwards!"

"Oh don't worry. You'll get a text and the two of us our posting cute photos on our Instagrams. It's going to be fun."

"You guys are too cute. You're little one is going to be adorable and stubborn as hell."

"Oh yeah. If they're only like either of us, we're screwed," She chuckled.

Luckily for Sienna, it was a slow day at 51. She napped in Kelly's office and just take it easy. She had been reading baby books and she had old friends who had been pregnant before, but her symptoms seemed to be worse than normal.

Soon enough it was time to head to the doctors. Sienna was excited yet nervous. Natalie took her to the exam room and set everything up. As she moved the wand around Sienna's belly, the couple kept their eyes locked on the screen. Sienna only peeled her eyes away from the screen when she noticed Natalie had her eyebrows pinched together in confusion.

"Is everything okay?" Sienna asked, glancing at Kelly real quick, but directing her question to Natalie.

"The picture is looking a bit strange. I'm going to check on the baby's heartbeat," she informed her, moving to a different machine.

"Okay."

Kelly squeezed her hand, sensing her nervousness. Suddenly the sound of colliding heartbeats filled the room, confusing Sienna and Kelly. Natalie smiled, her thoughts having been confirmed.

"Well Sienna, it looks like you're having twins," Natalie stated, causing Sienna and Kelly's eyes to go wide.

"W-What?" stuttered Kelly.

"W-Why didn't you guys catch this earlier?"

"Well Baby B was hiding behind their sibling, Baby A it seems. They must have shifted and now Baby B has become visual, "she explained, "Would you like to find out the genders today?"

"Yes please."

"It looks like Baby A is a little boy! And Baby B is a little girl!" Natalie exclaimed, "Congratulations!"

"One of each. That's perfect," Sienna smiled up at Kelly.

"Yeah, it is."

Natalie printed off some ultrasound photos for them before going over some information with them about having twins. Once that was finished, the couple was free to go. They had decided they were going to meet the gang at Molly's for dinner and share the news with everyone. Plus, Sienna knew Jay needed a night out. He's been taking Erin's move to New York really hard. Kelly and Sienna went home first to take their cute announcement photos. They were going to post them as soon as they finished telling the gang. Once they finished their photos and had changed, Sienna called Jay.

"Jay Halstead."

"Hey dude. What's up?"

"Just sitting at my apartment. What are you up to?"