Chapter 4 : SHADOW OF DEATH

Although I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thy is with me ~ is what I said every morning at the Catholic boarding school I was at for over a decade.

PRESENT DAY

Jane arrived at Naomi's house and used her key to let herself into the house.

" Lazy bitch still Probably sleeping " Jane said as she went up stairs and smelt something disgusting.

" That's gross " Jane said as the bed was still made and went to the bathroom,

" Already awake great shower and call a maid or pest control " Jane opening the bath tub blinders cause Naomi was silent and not responding that's when she saw the pool of blood and her best friend lying in the bathtub lifeless with her eyes opened and with her throat slashed.

" Naomi " Jane said as she screamed from the top of her lungs.

Alicia was in bed with Martin watching the love of her life sleep next to her.

" Good morning beautiful " He said in a sleepy voice.

" Good morning " She said smiling as Martin grabbed her and placed her on top of him.

" you were stalking me while I slept "

" Well you were peeping so not really " Alicia said as he kissed her and that's when Martin's phone rang and it was Jane's mom.

" What's going on ? "

" am wondering the same " Martin said as he answered and was told what happened.

" I have to go ? " Martin immediately said as he stood up and got dressed.

" What's so urgent ? " Alicia asked.

" Naomi is dead and Jane's a mess and they need me "

" Let's go " Alicia said as she got dressed.

At Naomi's house it was a police crime scene and John Keller was on it with the police when Alicia and Martin arrived and as he ran went to check up on everyone.

detective John Keller approached Alicia.

" Why is it when we meet every time someone is dead ? " John asked,

" I think Fate is on ecstasy " Alicia answered as he laughed.

" How are you ? " She asked,

" After you left me, am doing good " John answered sarcastically when they were bringing Naomi's body down in a stretcher and Alicia approached the body and saw the slashed throat.

" This was a brutal murder and the sharp objects used looks like it was a common "

"Knife " Alicia and John said at the same time.

" I always forget what a good nurse you are ? " John complimented as Alicia removed the cover and saw the X.

" No, it can't be " Alicia said as John came closer.

" I have been tracking him down " John said.

" he's here for me to get revenge he's obviously mad I gave him out to the police in Paris and he's here killing my friends "  Alicia said as she looked at the X.

" Say nothing to anyone till I contact the Paris meantime stay around crowds " he said to Alicia.

" Do you know the detective ? "

" Yes he's my crazy ex "

" I see  " Martin said Alicia saw Laurel styles and remember seeing her dad and Laurel having an affair in the office as her mother was deadly sick.

" Laurel styles it's been a long time " Alicia asked,

" Yes it has been, look at you sweetheart your a beautiful young lady " Laurel said as Alicia smiled.

Jane saw Naomi in the body bag and cried till and as the forensic unit took her away she completely lost it.

" Martin hold her to the living room and I need zolpidem tartrate " Alicia said as they looked at her.

" What is that ? " Martin asked,

" sedative am going to give her a dose to rest " Alicia said smiling.

Several hours later Jane woke up to find Alicia looking at her with no one in the room.

" What are you doing here you attention bwhore " Jane asked,

" You insensitive, stone cold, straight from hell bitch,  your best friend was killed brutally if I may add and your insulting me who helped you before you went into a nervous break down " Alicia said as she got closer to the couch Jane was on.

" Probably this was your plan when you return my best friend dies not a coincidence " Jane said as Alicia grabbed her by the neck.

" Listen you brat don't fucking mess with me if I wanted someone dead it would be you and I didn't get that did I, so I suggest you shut the hell up and stay away from me and Martin " She said letting go of Janes neck.

" I will tell everyone " Jane said boldly.

" go ahead you have no evidence and besides alot of terrible things can happen like your mother that whore and social climber could be in a terrible accident and die "

" Are you threatening my mom ? "

" Anything can happen to her she the devil in Gucci  " Alicia said laughing.

" Don't speak about my mom like that "

" Well she deserves it cause she was having an affair with my dad on the day of the school shooting and fire that happened and left us unsupervised to go fuck and thus your brother is dead cause she wasn't there with us " Alicia said.

" what ? "

" Yes you heard me, haven't you wondered why your mother is hiring investigators to find out what happened, it's most likely because she feels guilty for loosing her school and son in one day, and I heard about the divorce probably your dad found out and left isn't that karma " Alicia said laughing as Jane mom came,

" What is it honey ? " Laurel asked Jane as she remembered she saw Dexter Kaay on the school grounds that day with Alicia and she knew it was true.

" You are worse than I will ever be and I don't know what happened to you but I will get even " Jane said as she shoved her mom running out.

" What was that ? " Martin asked,

"I don't know, strange " Alicia said as she went and hugged Martin.

Jane went and called her dad,

" I have a question, why did you leave mom ? Did you find out she was cheating ? " Jane asked,

" we didn't want you finding out but Yes honey I found out one day when a letter arrived for me someone cruel sent it, but me and your mother moved past all that and forgave each other " her dad said as he was called by his new wife and said goodbye.

"  Alicia Kaay ? Your have something to do with everything " Jane asked her self that question.

Alicia arrived home to find Kevin waiting for her.

" Hey I have great news " Kevin said as Alicia was excited.

" Your father said yes didn't he ? " Alicia asked,

" Yes but he wants something in return as a  guarantee so that he knows his money is in safe hands.  " Kevin said looking nervous.

" Name it and its done "

" He wants to invest in family and that's also by marriage  " Kevin said.

" marriage ? " Alicia asked again.

" Yes between you and I obviously not me and William, so what do you say ? " He smiled asked her.

DEATH  AROUND US