Avoiding The Fall

Colby

It felt good to be back home in LA, and not waking up to my jail mate screaming every five seconds. It had been the longest eighteen hours of my life, and I'm so thankful that Sa and Jake came to help us. I would probably still be there if it wasn't for them. Sa had paid Sam and I's thousand plus, bail. A girl we met a short two months ago, bailed us out. She was slowly becoming more important to us as the days go on, and better than most of our friends.

Fans went crazy when they figured out that Salem and Jake flew to Florida just to bail us out. The comments were out of pocket though:

"Friends don't fly hours away to spend thousands of dollars on two bails"
" Calem is real."
" How does she have enough money for this."
" if she isn't with Colby or Andrea, she's with Jake?" "Jake and Salem always seem touchy."
" Jalem or Calem"
" Damn, she stay homie hopping"
" Salem has done more for the three boys, than half their friends. They just recently started hanging out to"

The fans were gonna make assumptions no matter what. But, I knew that I had nothing to worry about with Jake, because he's the one who encouraged me to start this whole thing with Salem.

"I've been talking to her all night, she's cool as fuck. She offered to take my pictures for merch for free. She reminds me of you, she's intriguing."

They had an amazing friendly connection, and I thought it was cute. I didn't want to bring someone around who refused to talk to my roommates, like most girls. If I was editing or filming when she was over, Salem was easily able to get up and go talk to Sam or Jake, without feeling uncomfortable. She was always planning things for all of us to do as a group, or suggesting ideas for videos. Salem was all around one of the most amazing people Ive ever met, and I don't want to lose her.

fuck that no feelings bullshit, we both know it's hopeless.

"How LA of me would it be, if I posted a small makeup tutorial on instagram", Salem ask quietly from the floor beside me. I had been editing at my desk, while she did her makeup in the fairly large mirror that rested on the floor and wall. She usually did her makeup with Devyn, but oddly enough she did it in here today.

We hadn't really left each other's side for the past couple of days. There wasn't really a reason behind it, I just enjoyed her company along with everyone else. Plus she claims her apartment gets lonely since Rose is always gone.

I don't take my eyes off my laptop screen as I raise my shoulders up and down, "on a scale of one to ten, I'd say pretty basic."

Her tongue clicks against the roof of her mouth, and slaps my thigh causing me to laugh. I love giving her shit and she knew it. If she wanted to post a makeup tutorial, than she would do it, my opinion wouldn't matter.

Silence settles over us once again, only the faint sound of Salem singing could be heard. She had sung in front of me a minimal of two times, and it blew me away each time.

"You wanna go get food in a little bit? Everyone is leaving for that party."

oh yeah, I forgot it's just gonna be us here tonight, unless she goes home.

"Yeah, what sounds good?", I crack my aching fingers. Editing took forever, and it was becoming a burden. I needed a break.

"Mexican..? I know a place. I'm DYING, for one of their mango chile smoothie. Thats if you want, of course."

I could go for a couple of tacos, so I agree before getting up and stating that I'm gonna take a quick shower. I connect my phone to the charger, placing it next to hers on the nightstand.

"Be back soon.", I mumble as I lean down to kiss her. It lasted a few seconds longer than I had intended. Probably because it had been the first time I kissed her all day, we both had been caught up in our own things today.

I love this no label shit. I didn't feel pressured to take her on constant dates or be someone I'm not. Neither of us were good with the romance shit, but always knew how to make the other happy. We aren't picky and needy for materialistic things, only for each other. We were able to just be us.

two young adults falling hopelessly in love, avoiding telling each other.

--------------