worth it

"good morning, mommy" betty faintly heard a familiar voice saying as she blinked her eyes open and took in the unfamiliar white room. she gasped and sat up quickly only to feel two hands gently pushing her back "hey hey, betts, it's okay, you're okay" she opened her eyes and focused on jughead's face. "you dozed off in the ambulance a few hours ago, and your doctors told me that it was good for you to get some sleep." she signed and instinctively put her hands on her belly which was now significantly flatter than she had become used to. she looked up at her husband and then quickly scanned the room. jughead knew immediately what his wife was looking for and sat down on the edge of her bed grabbing her hand. "the nurses took her to get some testing done— they will be back in a few minutes" "is she...?" betty paused "she is perfect" jughead leaned down and kissed her and she signed happily. true to his word, a few minutes later a young man entered the room pushing a small cart. "good morning" he greeted her and brought the cart close to jughead. "everything looks good, you guys will be able to bring her home tonight if you would like to." jughead stood up to pick up his daughter and hand her to her mom. "have you thought of a name yet?" the nurse asked as he was washing his hands. "oh..." betty pauses looking at jughead. "i was thinking 'lilianna'" he offered looking at her for her opinion. "i like that" betty smiled and leaned down to kiss her daughter's cheek and then she leaned over to kiss jughead's cheek. "lilianna jones."