Chapter 1

After receiving my score, I curtsy and sprint backstage. I was robbed, I didn't even place. A sob racks my body as the company director makes her way towards me.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm trying-"

"Trying to ruin the company's reputation? You know it's strictly forboden to dance on injury!" I stay silent as she continues on. "You just murdered the Firebird solo because of it. You embarrassed the company! Not just in front of other companies, but our guests! We had four different wrestling companies training with us to help their top wrestlers learn better agility and concentration, as well as core strength. And yet, you go out there on an injury and flounce around."

I bow my head in shame. "I'm sorry Mrs. Barnett."

I look up in time to see her shaking her head. "You were already on thin ice. Because of this incident, I have no other choice but to dismiss you of your contract with the American Ballet Theatre."

My jaw drops, and before I can say anything, she's walking away to discuss whatever pressing need the artistic director had. I push off the bands that were around my upper arm before taking the headpiece off and throwing it to the ground. I've done nothing but ballet for as long as I can remember and now the best company in America is putting me out. I let one final sob rack my body before wiping the tears and walking out.

-----------------------------------------------------------

It's been a few weeks and I'm now just keeping my technique golden by practicing at a local studio in a private room.

There's a knock on the door frame which causes me to squeal and crash to the floor.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to startle you," I hear as a hand comes into view.

Looking up I take it and stand up. "No worries. Can I help you?"

"You danced Firebird the other night?" I nodded. "So your name is Abigail Webster?" I nod again, eyebrows pulling together, wishing this guy would get to the point. "My name is Paul Levesque and I'm with World Wrestling Entertainment. Your company hosted us."

"Former company, yes."

He nods. "I heard you were no longer with them. Is your contract with this studio now?"

"No, I'm not contracted anywhere. But if I don't stay moving, I'll die. Just like a shark that needs to keep moving forward."

"You could move a lot with us."

I chuckle before heading to my bag to get my water bottle. "Enlighten me. When we took classes from your company, I was on my ass more than I was standing." I take a swig from my bottle and put it back down.

"You just haven't trained yet. But you showed promise. And you're a ballerina, so you have the drive."

"You know why I got released?" He nods and I raise an eyebrow. "Yet you still want me?"

He nods again. "We could utilize someone like you in the women's division."

"Ha! You hardly utilize the superstar you have now. I knew who you were the second I saw you. I've watched since I was a kid. "

"Touche, Ms.Webster, touche. But you know our women's division is growing and since our deal with mattel has finally ended, we can now have male versus female matches. You wouldn't just be stuck in the women's division."

I smirk. "How about I think about it. Because I know taking this means moving to Florida so I can train at the performance center."

He nods before handing me a card. "Just let me know. We'd love to have you Ms.Webster."