Chapter 9

Quick pre-story A/N: peep that new cover I made(it's shit but it's better than what the cover was before)

---------------------------------

The room has been silent for at least five minutes. We're trying to figure out something all six of us can do. "Well wait, has Abigail shown you guys her dancing?" We all turn to Sarah. "I mean, cause I know you do ballet but I've never seen you do it."

Austin(Adam Cole) goes to open his mouth but I cut him off. "My dancing is very private. I don't show many people." Out of the corner of my eye I see Austin look down, smiling. "We could go to like... batting cages maybe?"

"You're into baseball?" I look over to Chris(Roderick Strong as I nod. "Oh football is way better."

We laugh. "I can watch football, but I wasn't very into playing it," I tell him and he nods. "Batting cages have been fun for me since I was about... maybe twelve. My mom and I would go to Poughkeepsie every other weekend and hit a batting cage."

"Bases Loaded?" We all look over to Bobby. I nod. "Oh yeah, I used to go there when I was in high-school."

"No kidding? Where are you even from?"

"Up the road a bit, Albany."

The room is met with silence again. "I- sorry, I'd be down with batting cages," Sarah speaks up. The rest of the group softly murmurs in agreement. "Maybe after, we could get some food?" We all nod to that.

"Okay, but where are we going," Kyle asks.

"There's a place called Bad Dog Driving Range. They have golf too."

After a little more planning, we all make our way out.

---------------------------------

"Dance, wrestling, baseball..." I hear Sarah listing off behind me. "Is there anything else you do?"

I laugh as I swing. "I sing, I'm not good. But, I sing."

"Wow." I laugh again at her reaction as I swing.

I come off my turn and hand her the bat. I sit down on a bench that's a little ways back, sitting beside Austin. "Why aren't you out there?"

He doesn't look in my direction. "I'll just strike out."

I frown slightly. "You don't know that. Don't let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game."

He looks at me at that. "It's not that I'm afraid."

"Then what?"

"Look, I can't explain it."

He starts to look away but stops as I go to say, "Austin, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take." I shrug. "Sometimes, you just gotta swing."

---------------------------------

We finished up an hour ago at the batting cages, and now we're eating out at a place called Le Cafe De Paris. We're at the counter waiting to order. Sarah and Kyle are the only source of conversation right now, as the rest of us are silent. Finally a woman comes to the counter.