Chapter 8

I pull up the waistband of grey work-out pants and adjust the straps on my orange sports bra before I start back in on the punching bag

"Your form is off." I stop as I hear the familiar voice behind me. I reset my pose a bit before starting up again. "Oh come on, we both know you can hit harder. Bring your feet into it too, you can kick the bag."

I stop again before I turn and look behind me to see Bobby. "I'm hitting hard."

"You can hit harder. Also, your form is still off. Turn back around." I turn back around and roll my shoulders a bit to relax. Bobby's hand on me causes me to jump and him to chuckle. "Sorry, was just trying to reposition you."

I nod and Bobby goes back to fixing my form. After he does so he steps to where I see him out of the corner of my eye and motions for me to start up. I do a few combinations before I hit a round kick.

"You can kick harder than that Webster. Tell her Bobby." I kick again, a little harder as Austin(Adam Cole) comes into view. "Oh come on. Picture someone you hate on that bag, and kick."

I groan as I kick again. My foot comes back to the floor and I kick again, repeating the action before I go back in for a couple of combinations. I steady the bag and start doing rapid knee hits."

"Easy, easy." I stop and catch my breath, looking over to Bobby and Austin. "I think you got it. Bloom sent us over to get you," Bobby goes on to say.

I nod and motion for them to lead the way. "Where are we going?"

"His office," Austin says. "Which means, you're either in serious trouble or something seriously good is about to happen."

We reach his office and I knock. The guys walk off as a faint come in is said. I walk into Matt's office and take a seat. "Yes coach?"

He leans back in his chair as he looks at me. "You have been a great student. You come in early, you put in extra hours, you still keep in touch with your background in dance." I shift in my seat a little as he mentions that. "Austin told me you're freelancing at a local dance studio?"

"Uh, yes coach. I figured that if I'm bringing my ballet into the ring, the least I can do is stay in touch with my technique."

He nods. "You're also putting in extra work at the gym. You're going to the NXT events. You've befriended a lot of the superstars."

I nod at his statements. "May I ask what this is about?"

"It's about a rumor that involves you. The rumor is that you're moving classes, being promoted to sparring."

"Yes coach. I uh, heard about it from Sarah in our class. I told her nothing has been confirmed nor denied."

"It's been confirmed." My eyes widen a bit. "You will be moving classes. Instead of coming in at seven and working through the bumps, and everything you've done for the past two months, you will instead come in at eight, and spar or observe other spars and take notes. You'll start next week. For the rest of this week, don't worry about classes. Just hit the gym."