Chapter 7

I sip my coffee as I look out the window of my living room

I sip my coffee as I look out the window of my living room. It's about half past five in the morning, and I've been up for ten minutes. I had to crawl out of bed quietly and carefully so as to not wake Austin.

The sun won't rise for another couple of hours. Honestly, I don't even need to be awake yet. I just can't sleep. I take another sip before getting more comfortable in my bean-bag. I would go to Xplosive but their studios don't open until three in the afternoon during the week. I finish out my coffee and sit the cup down before curling up on the bean-bag.

"It's early." I jump at Austin's voice. "You could still get some sleep."

"I'm on a schedule. If I know I have to be up early, this is when my body wakes me up." I keep looking out the window. "Plus, I've already had coffee." I hear the couch creak as he sits. "There's some in the kitchen if you want any."

"No thanks, maybe before we leave."

"We're going to have to leave earlier than normal, I still have to get my car." I look over to him. "If we leave at eight, we should get to the PC just in time."

He nods as he looks at the window. "Let's leave at about seven thirty then."

I stand up and stretch out. "I'm gonna shower and do my hair, then make some breakfast. You can go to your place if you need to."

He stands up. "I'll be back in about an hour."

------------------

I step back into the bathroom and grab my curling iron as well my hairbrush

I step back into the bathroom and grab my curling iron as well my hairbrush. It's been just over an hour since Austin left. I'm showered and ready to walk out the door, or I will be after I put my curling iron and hairbrush up. I just can't find my bag.

A knock on the door and I run to it. "Coming!" I open the door to reveal a freshly cleaned up Austin. "I can't find my bag."

He chuckles, as he walks in shutting the door behind him and following me into my room. "By your dresser?"

"I looked there." I start tossing my covers, seeing if it was on the bed. Spoiler alert, it wasn't. I see Austin drop to the floor out the corner of my eye as I groan.