Kousei's First Letter - SPOILERS

CAUTION - SPOILERS

Here is Kousei's first letter, to Kaori and Hiroko. Please read with caution if you have not red the story in full. This is the letter, all by itself. (From Chapter 49, Picking Up the Pieces.)

----

Dearest Kaori and Hiroko, if you can read this: It has come to my mind that I cannot continue on my seemingly downward spiral any longer, and that I will end my life on my own terms. Ever since my mother died, I turned tone-deaf because of it, and since this disease of mine came to light, it's really taken a toll on my emotions and my physical health, compounded with my PTSD over her and an increasing sense of failure within me. All of these problems have become too large of a burden for me to bear, and even though she was rough on me, I want to be with my mother again. I've already given all I've got on the piano and with music in this life; even if I was given just this one chance to be free of the figurative shackles my mother bound me to, but this disease has really hindered my playing skills, and I cannot play again, nor can I walk; I'm nearly both blind AND deaf. I'm just about irreparably broken as a person. So, the time has come for me to leave this Earth. Also, consider in mind that the doctors said I had only 3-6 months longer to live, had I chosen to continue down that path. Lastly, please, PLEASE, do NOT consider my choice to take my own life as a sign of cowardice. Instead, see it as a way of freeing myself from all my suffering.... and as my only really best way out of all that.
Once again, to my dearest Kaori and Hiroko: I love you both.... Godspeed and farewell.
-Kousei Arima

P.S.: Kaori, I've enclosed a second message for you; it includes my thoughts on things- please read that when you get the chance.....