Deleted Scene #2 ("This Isn't the Kousei We Once Knew!")

CAUTION -  SPOILERS

(This scene is intended to appear between the chapters 40 [Lights Out] and 42 [A Lost Soul/Metaphorical Trigger]).

On July 30, Takahiko Arima and Hiroko Seto came to see Kousei. He was in an isolation room, with a glass window separating Kousei himself from his father and his mentor. Indeed, after being struck by a bus and having his head damaged even further, the two expressed mutual concern over the fact that Takahiko's son's future was indeed, a bleak one. Just then, a violent trembling was heard. Kousei began going into convulsions. Three doctors came over to him and tried to stop it all. He was having a seizure. One of the biggest signs of a brain malfunction was that one would be having a grand mal seizure, much like what Kousei was undergoing. He could not stop shaking violently. Hiroko and Takahiko looked on tearfully over Kousei's massive seizure. It took several minutes, but Kousei stopped shaking and was eventually put back to sleep. One doctor tapped on Hiroko and Takahiko's shoulder, and signaled them to come over into their office. "Mr. Arima, Miss Seto? I am Doctor Suguru Imoto. I would like to have a word with the both of you." Takahiko agreed. Hiroko then followed them into Dr. Imoto's office.

"Mr. Arima, Miss Seto, I think we should brief you on what has happened to your son, Kousei. On July 25, he was hit by a bus, causing him to go a few feet/meters into the air and hit his head on a concrete curb. He hit his head on a part that has been damaged before; and Kousei is just about paralyzed from the waist down, and his speech will now be impaired even further. He was speaking slowly after the second accident, but now we think his speech will be limited to, at best, a slow crawl, or at worst, slow grunts. On top of this, his memory has faded fast; we believe that he likely will not remember simple things, like what time is it, what his name is, those things."

Hiroko shed a few tears "Oh, my god! What is going on with Kousei? He is my mentor, and why did this have to happen?" Dr. Imoto said "To further this, Kousei was wearing sunglasses, and his sight has been pretty bad since the second accident. When you wear sunglasses with limited eyesight, it just becomes almost impossible to see such a large object such as a bus, and that he was losing sensation in the lower extremities; this made him unable to prevent the fate that he went through."

Takahiko said "Oh, damn! Dear lord..... my son..... this isn't the Kousei we once knew! He may have had a somewhat shady past with my wife, Saki, who I later divorced and then died; but now I'm coming to the slow conclusion that he just might go the way that Saki did...."

Dr. Imoto said "That, I am afraid, has a very good chance of happening. Because his mental faculties are declining, I do believe it is a matter of time before time runs out on him....."

Takahiko didn't have any more words for Dr. Imoto. Both he and Hiroko were just devastated over seeing Kousei's seizure and the fact that his mental faculties were slowly turning him into a vegetable. All Takahiko could do is just sob in Hiroko's arms at his house for the rest of the night.