Ch 2

Waking up to a knock on the door, I rub my eyes and turn to see Dahlia standing against my door frame. "Hey whats up?" I say sitting up on the edge of the bed. "Just got back. We were gonna order some food and watch some Netflix if you wanted to join." she says sitting next to me again. I grab my phone and look at the time also noticing the several texts from Scott. "Shit. I slept the whole the day. I wanted to go out and get all my stuff together." I say realizing that its already five aclock. "The office is still open. I'm not sure about the book store. But I can go with you if you'd like?". She offers smiling and wrapping her arm around my shoulder. I tried not to flinch from the nice gesture, but I did slightly and she must of noticed because she moved her arm and frowned at me. "Is everything alright? I didn't hurt you did I?" 

I shake my head and say "No just a bad habit I guess." She nods looking like she wants to press the matter but decides not too. "We could always go grab some food and bring it back when were done. Saves for paying the delivery charge." She says standing and smiling down at me. "Okay. Just let me brush my hair and put it up real quick." I say grabbing the brush from the desk. She sits down in the chair by the desk and sets her feet down on the desk as I start to brush my hair. I begin to dutch braid it down when Dahlia says "You know how to dutch braid?" 

I nod and say "I learned when I was five. My mom loved doing hair and taught me a lot." "That's awesome! My mother hated doing hair and never really taught me. I can curl and straighten it but other then that I am clueless." She says sounding all excited. "After you do yours would you be willing to do mine?" She asks as Sawyer walks in. "So are we ordering food or?" She says leaning on the desk next to her. "I'm gonna go with Bethany to get her schedule and then I figured we could pick up some food on the way home." Dahlia tells her as I finish my braid. 

"Okay." Sawyer says leaving the room. "She isn't very friendly until she gets to know you." Dahlia says sitting on the floor in front of me. I brush her hair and begin to braid her beautiful caramel brown hair. "I really love your hair." I say as I finish the braid. "Eh its alright. I'd rather have blonde hair like Sawyer but I don't have the right skin tone." She says standing. I slip on the flats I had on earlier and follow her out of my room. Shutting it and locking it, Dahlia is standing by door staring at her phone. "I figured I could drive us and show your around more." She says as we exit our dorm room.

I nod and follow her out to the parking lot. We walk up to a 2018 white honda civic and I begin to feel the pit of not having things in my stomach. I shove it away as we step into the car. "So I didn't see any of your family with you today. Are they coming sometime this week?" She says as we start out of the parking lot. I close my eyes to try hard to get this pit out of my stomach and say "No. I only have a brother and he's oversees." She turns and then says "Do you mind me asking what happened to your parents?". That feeling in my stomach was just continuing to grow. "They were killed in accident when I was six." I say. She doesn't say anything for a moment but before she could, I said "You don't need to say your sorry. Life isn't always easy." She doesn't say anything for a moment until we parked in front of the Taylor building. "Well even though that's true, I am really sorry for your loss." 

I nod at her as we step out of the car. As we enter the building, we walk up to the front desk. "Hey Dahlia. How can I help you girlie?" the jet black haired girl behind the computer says smiling at us. "This is Bethany. She's my new roommate. Just looking to get her I.D and schedule for the semester." she says smiling back. "Hi Bethany. I'm Candy. Can I just get your last name please?" the pretty girl says smiling at me. "Chavers." I say smiling back.

She types away on her computer and then the printer begins to make some noise. I just need to take a picture if you could stand in front of the computer pretty please." Dahlia moves out of the way as I step in front of the computer and smiling. She hits the button and the flash goes off, signaling that the photo has been taken. I step back to the side as the I.D prints. She hands me a paper and the I.D and says "It's nice to meet you Bethany. I hope to see you soon." Candy gives me a friendly smile as we walk away from the counter.