Ch 5

When we arrived to the arena, the parking lot was already filled with cars and it took us a few minutes to find a parking spot.  Sawyer was not very thrilled as she kept whining for Jeff to find us a spot as close as possible. We ended up parking a little ways away from the entrance finally. 

As we walked towards the arena, there was a long line wrapping along side of it at the ticket booth. Gina, Dahlia and I were walking together as the rest of the group hurried to get in line. "So what do you think Wade wants to do tonight besides get ice cream?" Gina says nudging me a little bit with some sass in her town. Dahlia and I both laugh and I answer. "I don't know. All I know is, is I'm not ready to do anything." 

As we caught up to the rest of the group, they were standing in line with a much annoyed Sawyer, who had her impatience written all over her face. "We're gonna get good seats, relax Sawyer. Even if they don't, we can always push people out of the way since we have the co-captains and captains girlfriends with us." Jeff tells Sawyer making the rest of the group laugh. 

It took me a whole minute to realize that he was talking about me being Wade's girlfriend, to which everyone laughed at. "You never know you could turn into Wade's girlfriend. He seems to taken a liking to you." Harmonie says as we finally reach the ticket booth. Dahlia insists on buying the tickets which makes me feel even more uneasy. She has pretty much spent more on me then anyone ever has. I wasn't too sure how to feel about that. 

That and how much money she has. Compared to the rest of them, I didn't have much and I would've never pictured myself hanging out with a crowd like this. "Whatcha thinking about sweets?" Dahlia says as we make our way through the crowds to find our seats. "Oh nothing. I've just never been to a hockey game before." "Well you're gonna love it. I'll explain how it all works as the game goes on." She says wrapping her arm around my waist. I do the same around hers as finally manage to maneuver through the crowds and to some seats near the ice rink.

Now realizing how cold it is in here, I wish I would've brought a jacket but the rest of my group who is short sleeves and dresses, doesn't seem to be phased by the air what so ever. After waiting for what seemed like forever, the game officially begun. I tried to keep up with Dahlia who is was doing really well in explaining, but I just couldn't. There was so much details she tried explaining that I got lost in. 

After two and half hours of loud ass cheering, a ton of drunk college students, and a ton of blood on the ice, the game was finally over and we took the first victory of the year. Of course everyone was yelling and cheering and all I was doing was clapping and smiling. "Are you guys ready to head over to the frat house?" Harmonie said already wasted. Everyone said 'hell yeah' and we joined the crowd in trying to exit the arena. 

As we got to the car, Dahlia and I were the only sober ones and decided that Dahlia would drive since she knew the way there. Pulling out into the traffic, we finally made a gateway for the frat house which made me nerves grow even more then they already were. How was I not gonna be so awkward around Wade? He already made me feel things I've never felt before which already scared me, but could I ever trust him? I've never trusted anyone in my life. 

As we arrived at the frat house, there was already a bunch of people all over the yard and you could hear the music blaring before we even got out of the car. As we did, Steven and Wade walked over to us. Steven enveloped a drunk Sawyer in his arms and said "Well hello there good looking." She giggled as Wade walked over to me and asked "Did you enjoy the game?" I paused for a moment trying to think of ways to say yes, but in the end I decided to tell him I had no idea what was going on. "You've never watched hockey?" he says putting his hand to his chest like he's having a heart attack. I laughed and said "I haven't really watched any sports to be honest with you."