Ch 3

Monday went by just as fast as it came. I went to the bookstore, rented the books I needed for the semester and traveled around the campus finding my classes that were on Tuesday's, Thursday's and Friday's so that I would be prepared and not late. The rest of the day, I scanned over my books and trying to prepare myself for classes the following day. I was very happy and lucky that my last foster family was here in Seattle and I was able to keep my job at the movie theater. My boss had given me the week off to get settled into college as long as I told her all the details and how I am settling. She has always been caring and considerate. The following days also went by just as fast. Dahlia and Sawyer had had friends over and they all seemed nice, just not my type of people. There had also been a guy over every single day. Steven is Sawyer's boyfriend and is the co-captain of the hockey team. He was super friendly and very good looking with his broad shoulders and strong jawline. He has blue eyes and blonde hair and definitely had the play boy vibe going on but Sawyer and him seemed to be really happy and that is all that matters. Dahlia had been super friendly towards me and seemed to genuinely care. Sawyer was still distant but I was okay with it. 

Being Thursday, I decided to lounge around the dorm and work on homework. I put my headphones in just as I barely heard the knock on my door. I pull one of them out just as Dahlia walks into the room. She plops down right onto my bed just like shes been doing the last few days and says "So will you pleaseeeee come to the game and party tomorrow? I promise you will have fun!" I roll my eyes at her as I begin to type out my sociology paper. 

"Don't roll your eyes. You need to have some fun and meet new people. I know you say you aren't into that type of stuff but you should just come tomorrow and if you don't have fun I wont drag you to another one. What do you say?" She says as I stop and turn towards her. "How about I go to the game but not the party? I really don't like being in tight spaces with a bunch of drunk idiots. It isnt my cup of tea." She huffs and says "I guess that's a compromise. The game starts at 7. Do you mind picking me up from the party if I don't stay with a guy? I don't wanna pay for an uber and I definitely wont be able to drive myself."

"Sure. Are we just gonna go to the game together and I drop you off at the party?" I say as she stands is about to leave my room. "Yes. Sawyer wants to get there by 615 ish to get good seats." she says shutting my door. I put my earphone back in and turn the music up loud. I was so drained from the interactions of the week. I love all my classes but the energy to keep up sometimes is a killer. I decided to fall into the music as I focused on the paper I that was due on Monday. 

*Empty by Olivia O'Brien*

After finally getting somewhere on my paper, Dahlia had been laying on my bed talking about how she just wants to meet a guy and actually have a meaningful relationship instead of just friends with benefits. But she doesn't know how to be in a relationship. That makes two of us. I don't even know how she does friends with benefits. "What would you do?" she asks as I stand and walk to my closet to grab one of my brothers hoodies and a pair of my leggings. "Uhm I don't know. Relationships haven't been my thing either." I say setting the items on the bottom of the bed. I give her a look and she huffs and turns onto her stomach and covers her eyes. 

"I don't understand why its such a big deal. I change in front of Sawyer all the time." I didn't say anything as I quickly change into the clothing. I couldn't even look at myself naked in the mirror, how could I let anyone else look at it? "Your good." I say setting the jeans and t-shirt I had just worn into the hamper I bought. She turns back over and says "Can you do my hair real quick? I want it to be curly tomorrow I just don't want to curl it." I smirk at her and say "Sure." she smiles and sits down onto the floor in front of the bed. 

I sit on the bed behind her and begin to brush her hair. By the time I was done braiding it, I learned how many men she had been with since her junior year in high school. Out of that number, she had only been in a relationship with two of them, both of which ended in disaster and to which I can understand why she hasn't been in one since. "I know I asked this before but when was the last time you had sex?" she says just as I was finishing the braid. I really want to change the subject on this, but my mind goes blank.