Chapter 20: Who am I?

~~

Blurry, hazy, off, not right.

Everything was not right...

Nothing. Nothing?

No thoughts, no images, no voices. Blank.

What was this, where was this?

Letting out a choked sound, the feel of water all around was not something they liked. Dry air was pumped and shoved into his lungs, everything uncomfortable. Their eyes refused to open and it was becoming worrisome.

They couldn't move.

They could not move.

Panic filled them, the water suddenly turning cold. It should not be that cold? Then the sound of crackling was heard, the ice felt, then whatever they were in busted opened.

Loud sirens went off as they were swept out of whatever held them and slammed onto a cold harsh metallic floor. That dry air was still being pumped and with haste, they ripped off the mask they felt on their face.

Gasping on clean air, sliver-blue eyes open to a place of metal and machines. Nothing was familiar, nothing felt right. Eyes looked all around, noting nothing as they could not recognize or even contemplate what they saw. What was this all?

Looking down at their hands, they also saw the water spill and glass... And their reflection.

Grey locked onto the reflection of grey, the gazers mouth parting at the odd flicker of blue and the scar found just between their eyes. Their hair was long and messy, its color brown, their skin pale. They had a white gown and pants, but that was all.

"What is my name..?" they asked theirselves, their voice deep, horse.

As no thoughts came to mind, he sighed, [picking his weight up as he somewhat stumbled to a nearby table.

Papers, charts, tools. Weird writing he didn't understand. What should he do?

Eyes continued to look around when they caught onto a disassembled blade? Something sparked, but nothing too strong. Only the urge to take the dismembered blade was really present, but also, the words, "it would be too hard to carry in that state." So, he decided to leave it.

Something else caught his interest, a silver gleam a ways away to a glowing glass screen... A computer?

Walking too it, he scanned through the letters on the keys, deciding quickly that he didn't understand it. Looking further on he saw what had gleamed. A silver pendant with a lion?

Something screamed at him that it was important, so he grabbed it. Running his thumb over the smooth engraving of a lion, he quietly stared at it before shifting to put it on. He didn't have pockets after all.

As he was placing it overhead and looked down to see how it looked, he noticed something under the shirt? Pulling it open, he noticed golden text on his chest? A circle around it? What was it?

he sighed at the lack of an answer from his head, which for some reason felt so empty... Quiet, lonely even?

The brunet Shook his head, that was enough thinking.

Loud footsteps were then heard and immediately, he felt anxiety and tension climb, the need to run overtaking him as he sprinted out and threw a door. Screams were heard, some... Monstrous, other humans. But either way, they didn't sound like the kind he would want to meet so he just ran.

Soon he was blocked, shouts and footsteps booming on either side. Looking back and forth, the only escape was the dark room beside him. He reached for the knob, but it wouldn't budge.