Breaking the Rules

Shane sat outside in his yard of the royal mansion with his favorite book on his lap, but he couldn't concentrate very well. He looked up when he heard footsteps coming his way.

"May I join you?" his brother, Prince Anthony asked him jokingly.

"Since when do you ask?" he laughed. Anthony sat down and looked at the book in his hands.

"What are you reading?"

"The book you always see me with, I can't concentrate though.." he closed it and put it aside.

"Why? What's up?"

"I.. went out."

"Okay? We all do?" Anthony frowned.

"On my own, and I might of taken some things a little too far?" Shane looked at him.

"Are you out of your mind??"

"You're my brother and I should trust you by telling you this but, i'm tired of being in here without going out when I want, or where I want. I just drove around-"

"Wait, you drove around by yourself too?!" Anthony widened his eyes.

"No no! I went with the driver, Doug ,ofcourse.. don't blame it on him though.. I convinced him." Shane looked at Anthony who looked down and shook his head.

"I drove around and.. just went to have some coffee, met a nice guy and talked for a while..or more than 3 days."

"Did you introduce yourself as Dawson?"

"No, Yaw."

"Do you like him?"

"He's nice.. that's all. I have no further intentions with him, he just seems cool to talk to." he looked down.

"You can't lie to me, you're my brother. You like him, or else you wouldn't mention him."

"Fine I like him, he's fucking beautiful!" he confessed.

"Shane!" he gasped and looked around.

"What? We're alone right?"

"Yeah but keep it down."

"Anyways.. like I said, I have no further intentions, because of many reasons." Shane sighed.

"I mean.. It won't hurt to get to know him better, as a friend? But, just don't let him know you're a Prince.." Anthony said.

"I don't think that's a good idea."

"So you think telling him, and making him like you because you're a Prince and putting your safety at risk, is?" he raised his eyebrows.

"No but, ugh.. I don't know.. i'll see where this takes me."

"Now THAT is a bad idea." Anthony chuckled.

"Fine, I won't tell him."

----------

It's been a week since Shane talked to his brother Anthony, and sure did had alot of fun talking with Joey at work, they clearly had something for eachother but tried not to make it obvious, but when both sides feel the same way, it's difficult to pretend like you're not interested. Joey had decided to ask for his number, which made Shane nervous and he hesitated. Why didn't he think of this earlier? It was to give it and be responsable for what's to come, or not to give it and have a awkward, sad ending to the fun and happiness, but he didn't care and wanted to spend more days with him, so he gave it. But afterwards he slightly regretted it and realised what he did.
"Are you sure about this Shane?" he asked himself as he watched Joey stand up from his seat and walk away to take someone's order.
"He seems worth it.. don't be so hard on yourself, it's just to know him better." he looked down at his now empty plate and smiled.