Chapter 4

I pulled into the parking lot of the coffee shop and sorted everything out. I grabbed my phone from the portable charger and stuffed it in my purse and then I pulled the keys out of the ignition and stuffed them in as well.

I told myself I would not cry and I got out of the car. I took a deep breath and walked through the doors.

I spotted Mrs. Kate and headed over to her.

"I am so sorry Mrs. Kate! Traffic was out of control!"  I told her in one breath

" You're absolutely fine! Sit down, and please, call me Angie." She replied

And I could tell she meant it.

" Okay, I'm sorry if I'm on edge, this morning has been quite crazy!" I told her

"I understand," She told me " everyone has those days."

" Ya, I know." I said, sounding a lot more exasperated than I meant to sound. " anyway, so I want to talk to you about my dad. I really want to know if I could recover his files and take them home with me."

"Well, darling," she began "we would have to go through some paperwork for you to be able to get ahold of the papers because they were supposed to be hidden away, but, let me whip up some paperwork, do a little research, and I will try to get those to you as fast as I can!"

"Thank you Angie! I can't express my gratitude for you! Its unbelievable!"

"Any day, sweetheart!"

All of the sudden, my purse buzzed. Oh no! That either meant Sophie had texted me, or , CRAP!!! MY PAGER!!!!

I looked over at Angie and put my head in my hands.

"Go ahead and check it!" She told me with not the slightest bit of annoyance in her voice.

I dug through my purse and found that, in fact, it was my pager making all the racket! Just Great. I pulled it out and look at the message. The other doctor had the flu, and I needed to go in immediately.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so incredibly sorry Angie! I've been called into work and its an emergency." I delivered the news to gee like it was the end of the world.

" You're absolutely fine! I understand that jobs like that can be tough! Go ahead and we'll for sure meet up again sometime soon!"

"Okay! See you later!" I grabbed my jacket and my purse and headed out the door.

I got in the car and pulled out my phone to text Ansel and Sophie.

(To Ansel) "hey babe, I gotta go into work. When us done with the game, the kids are at Sophie's house. Luv u!"

(To Sophie) " hey, I got called into work  and Ansel will pick the kids up after his game, idk what time it ends, thanks again!"

Right away I got a text back from Sophie " bummer! Well, have a good day! And the kids r welcome here, we don't have anything to do today!"

(To Sophie) " thx, ttly!"

I waited a little , but I knew Ansel wasn't going to text back right away, so I put on my seat belt and drove over to the children's hospital. Just add this to the list of great this that have happened to me today! Plus, I had no idea how many hours I would have to work. Oh, the joys of being a doctor!

A\N sry this chapters incredibly short again! I promise you guys will get a full sized one soon! I'm just having a littles writers block right now and with everything going on in town, its Hard for me to find time to write. Thx tho! I already have 22 reads!!