Chapter 5

When I arrived at the Children's Hospital, I found myself attending to a bunch of kids acquiring the flu. Why do we bother with flu shots anyway?

I finally got home at 2am and found Ansel sleeping like a baby. That made me smile!

I decided to take a long, steamy shower since I had been handling sick kids all night long. I figured I still shouldn't check on the kids since it probably wasn't all that sanitary.

I changed into warm, fuzzy pajamas and lay down in bed. You know that expression when people say they fell asleep when their head hit the pillow? Ya, well, when I say it I mean it!! Welcome to the amazing, completely not stressful, life of me.....

I woke up to joyful and warm smells filling the air.

I turned over and saw that Ansel wasn't in bed, it was probably him who made breakfast for once.

I hopped in the shower again to make sure all the hospital was "off" of me.

I put on my robe and fuzzy slippers that Ansel got for me last Christmas and headed into the kitchen.

When I arrived at the breakfast bar, I sat down and Ansel came up to me from behind and kissed the top of my head, setting a plate down in front of me that's contents were: French toast, cheese eggs, turkey bacon, and hash browns. The little things he does! that's why I love my husband to death!!

"A mini-feast for the one and only love of my life!" Ansel said in a butler type voice.

He's a goofball, but he's my goofball!

I ate a pretty good size portion of my breakfast when I realized that the kids weren't in there with us.

"Hey babe, where are the kids?" I asked Ansel

"Sophie picked them up." he answered

"Why?" I asked, a little to anxiously

"Because you and I, are having a date-day!!"

"Oh Ansel! that is so sweet of you!"

"Well I know you're working all the time, so I thought I would give you a nice day for just me and you."

I started to fall in love with him all over again before my brain was attacked with reality, I had to work today! Uggghhhhhhh!

"Ansel, babe, I have to go in to work at 2 (pm) today!" I told him quietly

"No you don't." he gave me that smirk that made me way to suspicious "I called you in sick."

"Ansel you dirty liar! you could get me fired!"

"Oh get over it! they would be too stupid to fire you!"

Of course, he made me blush! What else do you say other than yes when the love of your life breaks rules to get you to spend time alone with him?

"Alright, I love you to death, you know that right?"

"I love you more, you know that right?"

"There isn't a place in the world that that is possible!" Ansel claims

Then he ran around to me, and snatched me from my chair. As he was holding me bridal style, he says " I fall in love all over again, every time I look at you babe." and then he lightly kissed me on the lips, but I answered back with a small force, telling him I love him during small breath brakes.

This is going to be the best day ever since the days we had my children!!!