14 | punishment

mayumi

it was monday, i am dreadfully 30 minutes late because my brother yuta sneaked in my room, taking my charger which caused the alarm to not go off. i hate him so much, but at the same time i love him, he's the best but he can be the worst as well.

i wheezed as my burning lungs gasp for air. my legs feel numb and unsteady, painfully sore. my throat feels dry, so uncomfortably dry. i ran wild and fast. i stopped when i was near my classroom, breathing heavily.

i felt my eyes widened when i saw renjun bouncing on his spot, hesitating while mumbling. "ah shit, ah shit this is gonna be so damn awkward." he grumbled and harshly scratched his head.

"hey, renjun what're you doing?" i whisper shouted and jogged to him.

renjun sighed in relief, thanking the god while looking up the ceiling. "oh you're late as well? at least i'm not gonna go in there alone." renjun nervously chuckled and slapped my chest. "ow~" i whined. "how long have you been here?"

"about 5 minutes, the class is dead silence and i'm afraid to gain all the student's attention. it's extremely awkward." he whispered while grabbing tightly on his bag straps. "well it's okay, i'm here and let's do this together."

renjun inhaled, then exhaling deeply. he placed his palm on the doorknob, licking his lips and wished that he could go and turn back time so he wouldn't be in this position.

i was worried as well. the fact we also have the most strict teacher, miss lee. the most small thing we do that's incorrect, she'll lead us to detention or punishment. for sure she will give us a punishment.

renjun opened the door, pushing it open as we stood stiff and quiet. the students who seemed concentrated in reading looked up, staring while miss lee who sat with a book glared at us.

"i- i mean we apologize for being late." renjun grabbed my arm tightly, carefully pulling me in as i gave i nod. "yes, we truly apologize-"

"a sorry doesn't make it better." miss lee interjected me. "now you know the rules in my lessons.... punishments." she blinked and stood up. of course it was. "i don't wanna be harsh today and make you clean up, so instead raise your hand up in the air right outside the class." she pointed towards the door.

"yes miss lee-"

"now." she commenced making both me and renjun nod. we closed the door again and sighed, crouching down and reluctantly raised our hands in the air. "well this sucks." renjun remarked making me huff. "i know, i really hate yuta." i mumbled his name and rolled my eyes.

"ha, what did he do now?" renjun queried making me smile softly. "he stole my charger, then my phone died before the alarm could go off." i explained making renjun chuckle in the most softest way.

"ahh lucas was also the reason why i came so late. he literally shut off my phone because i ate the last cupcake." renjun hissed and didn't want to think about his big brother.

i felt my arms ache and hesitatingly pulled them down, taking a small break and watch how renjun continued because he was so strong.

"you know i uh." i laughed and scratched my head. "lucas was the one who purposely made me walk in your room.... while you were only wearing underwear-"

"screw him, i hate him so much." renjun hissed and fisted his hands that were up in the air. "but i kinda love him too, besides he's my brother." renjun rolled his eyes and thought how ridiculous he was.

"mhm, i feel you." i chuckled.

i knew exactly how he felt. sometimes you can hate your siblings because their such a pain in the ass, but at the same time you love them because you know they adore you a lot.

"i don't really notice, but have yuta and lucas been hanging out lately?" renjun asked as i blinked rapidly.

"yeah they still hang out. it's not like they're us where we split up and so." i blurted out making an awkward silence. renjun and i stared for a few seconds until we heard someone clapping their hands once, so loud that it echoed in our eyes and gained all mine and renjun's attention.

"what do you think you're doing? mayumi keep your hands up." miss lee commanded while peeking her head out of the door.

i felt my heart skip a beat as i nodded. "ah, yeah i'm sorry miss lee." i apologized and immediately raised them up and we watched her walk back in the class as we let out a sigh relief.

renjun looked up at my hands and tilted his cute small head. "does it hurt?" he asked the most stupid question. "you idiot of course it does." i felt my eyes roll upwards.

he smiled softly and grabbed my hand, tightly and firmly squeezed them to prevent from slowly going down. his fingertips were soft, the softest and i always felt secure whenever he touches me. right now i felt nothing but his touch, didn't feel the ache on my arm but i did feel his amazing soft touch.

"i'll keep them up for you." he spoke so protectively and shot me a smile.

i blushed and gave him a nod. "we'll keep up our hands together." i said and also tried to held his hand up as well so he won't feel the weight on mine.

here i am, terribly falling deeper in love with huang renjun.

note: im actually in a train and it's like driving so fast and i'm like scooting left to right and i- 0_o i don't wanna die.