23 | abandoned

mayumi

abandoned houses scared me, but walking inside this half built abandoned house didn't frightened me at all, maybe the fact that renjun was beside me. i'll always feel protected, always when i'm with huang renjun. because i trust him and he's a big part of my life, really big and we both desire not to split apart.

the abandoned house was built, but not basically done. i would honestly think it'll look amazing if they finished it, but seemed like they didn't and lost hope, so they decided to leave it here alone beside the dark endless forest.

we walked up to the third floor. everything was dusty, old and it was still undone. wooden planks everywhere, hammers and buckets of dry cement. the floors were still made out of cement, almost everything and the walls were removed, invisible, basically there were no walls so it was a nice beautiful view.

"come mayumi." renjun lead the way. "be careful, there's still some wet cement because of the rain." renjun warned, grabbing my arm softly and carefully helped me.

we sat on the edge of the floor, letting our feet hang down and look up the view. it was beautiful, it was nature. the trees were healthy and green, tall and skinny while the sky was incredibly splendid. clouds formed into perfect popcorn shapes, soft and smooth while the sun just sat and hung out, watching the world.

"wow this is so beautiful." i scooted a bit closer to him, frantically placing my bag beside me and looked up. "but risky as heck, not only because we can fall... but also by skipping school." i let out a nervous chuckle.

i placed my palm on the hard, rough cement, leaning forward and slowly looked down. my heart started to race up, heights wasn't for me but i could stand it. my eyes rapidly blinked as i began to shake.

"yah, be careful mayumi." renjun murmured with a worried tone. he slowly pulled me close to him, and sighed. "you should be careful."

i sheepishly licked my lips, scooting a bit away from him and tried to act normal whilst i continued watching the amazing view.

renjun smiled while looking at me. he let out an exhale, turning around and began to pull something. "you want some?" he offered a bag of chips, i smiled softly and shook my head. "no thanks, i'm good." i refused.

renjun respected my choice and he began to stuff the tasty junk food inside his mouth, munching and enjoying it.

"we'll be heading back when math class is done," he paused and looked down at his golden watch. "which is technically at 1 hour and 20 minutes." he informed.

"i hope the teachers wouldn't notice." i nervously let out a sigh, chuckling while squeezing myself together. it was a sign of fear.

"don't worry, if we did i'll say it's my fault."

i blushed at his sayings and nodded.

after a few minutes, we just sat and watched the view. renjun looked at me, wrapping his arm around my shoulder and deliberately pulled me close to him that our arms touched.

my eyes wagged and i gulped a lump. being this close was normal for us. was, but now it wasn't. you see it was quite odd and awkward to do because of what happened, because we avoided each other but i was obviously enjoying it.

renjun smiled, tightening his one-arm embrace. i somehow snapped and felt comfortable already. i nuzzled inside him, my head peacefully laying on his shoulder while his bigger one was on top of mine.

"you'll always be my favorite girl mayumi." he whispered.

my blush burned through my cheeks and my face felt like a hot oven.

i pulled myself away from his body, his hands slowly made contact with my cheeks and lifted my face up. our faces were inches away from one another, i knew what was about to happen and we technically both did. it was exciting yet scary.

"r-renjun-"

"hush." he shook his head softly. "be quiet, just enjoy it okay?" he spoke with the softest tone i ever heard.

our eyes rapidly blinked once renjun's lips slowly made its way to mine, so close and so exciting until a sound of vibration prevented us from doing it.

ring ring.
ring ring.

we flinched away from each other, both red cheeks as renjun fumbled with pulling out his phone. "shit.." he mumbled and accidentally dropped the phone on the floor, luckily it didn't break.

haneul is calling.

i saw it on his screen. i frowned a bit, gulping and looked away once he stood up and dusted his clothes.

"oh, i'll be back mayumi." he remarked, he turned around and pressed the green button as he pressed down his phone against his ear.

since it was dead silence, i could hear every single thing they spoke but i stay normal and pretended to hear nothing by watching the view.

"oh, hey hanuel what's up?" renjun went to the corner, far from me but i could clearly hear.

"what's up? renjun you can't just answer this phone call and tell me what's up." haneul's voice was in pain, painful and hurt.

"haneul... what's wrong?"

"renjun don't, please stop. i tried calling you for more than 10 times, texted you a hundred times but you never called and texted back! what's wrong with? why didn't you call and texted me back? you worried me so much renjun. what's happening?" haneul broke down, i could sense tears brimmed down her eyes. i pursed my lips tightly, worrying about her.

"haneul- don't cry... please, i'm sorry i didn't mean to worry you hanuel."

"no, renjun it's okay... don't apologize, please just don't do it again." haneul was very quick to make a decision, she didn't even ponder.

"okay, haneul i promised i will text and call you. i promise, now don't cry, i don't like hearing your sobs and hiccups." renjun sighed invisibly, smiling warmly.

"o-okay." haneul stuttered and she warmly giggled. "goodbye renjun."

"see you soon injunnie, i love you~"

renjun gulped a lump. "bye, have a nice time there."

note: lol im watching a movie and it's night and it's kinda cozy and hygge you know? well yeah, bye y'all!!!