18 | dog café

mayumi

"so tell me why we are here." i hid behind renjun who was dreamily staring while smiling at the adorable dogs that played nonchalantly in front of his eyes. "you know i'm kind of afraid of dogs, especially the big ones." i gulped when i spotted a huge golden retriever running towards us.

"don't be silly mayumi." renjun hissed and smiled. "they're nice and lovingly, i promise they won't harm you." renjun kneeled down as his fingers brushed through the dog's fur. "see? look how precious this one is." he giggled and began to pet the animal.

his fingers slithered down to his neck, then he held a piece of circle metal. "you're name is buster." renjun spoke to himself. "well why don't you try and greet him?" he turned around and walked away from the dog, slowly it approached me and all i could do was flinch and step back.

"relax nakamoto mayumi." renjun suddenly spoke my full name. he grabbed the top of my hand, caressing it and carefully placed it on buster's gold and soft fur.

i began to pet it, my fingertips' touching his soft fur.

my eyes flickered, somehow i found myself smiling. i began to pet the dog even more. it was adorable, look how he gets more relaxed, how his eyes slowly start to close together and how his tail swung left to right when i gave buster the touches he enjoyed. it was honestly adorable, as a not-so-big-fan-of-dogs i think it was cute and precious.

"see? not dangerous and scary." renjun murmured making me giggle. "okay, i admit this is kinda cute." i stood up after my knee left a small red mark, since the floor was very rough and hard.

"there's more, let's try to pet them." renjun grabbed my wrist and dragged me deeper inside the dog café. the more steps i took, the more dogs magically appeared in front of my eyes.

big ones, small ones, regular huh, medium ones, furry ones, hairless ones, and different type of races that i didn't even knew existed.

me and renjun both dropped ourselves on the floor, petting and feeding dogs which was honestly fun. i enjoyed every single second of it, especially when i'm with renjun, that's just better. the dogs even began to attack renjun which looked so hilarious, the way renjun panicked was adorable and cute. the way the dogs attacked him was cute as well, the dogs were cute. so was renjun.

"oh look at these puppies." i murmured. i immediately stood up and approached a small area where there were wooden fences, blocking the way so the puppies wouldn't escape.

i placed my hand on the woody fence, staring down while my eyes dilated, sparkling like the stars from yesterday's night sky. my mouth formed into a circle. "woah so cute." i mumbled and pursed my lips, smiling while rapidly blinking. look at the way puppies huddled together, sharing their warmth to one another.

"you're so adorable." renjun whispered, chuckling and stood beside me. "you remind me of dogs you know?" he informed making my eyebrows crease.

"i'm sorry what? why?"

"because they say uh.. i don't know dog's best friends are humans, you're my best friend." renjun's words made my eyes roll, i sighed and looked away from him, focusing on the puppies instead. "so you're calling me a dog now?"

"no! it's not because you are a dog, or look like a dog it's just that-" he began to stutter and stutter, it got worst and worst. "it's just that..." he sighed and weakly smiled. "i'm just happy you're my best friend." he whispered making my cheeks blush and turn warm.

i really wished i was more than a best friend to you, but unfortunately i can't. if did speak out that sentence, our friendship would be more worst so it's best for me to hide everything.

"i'm happy you're my best friend too." i cooed which caused him to smile.

after a few seconds, i turned my head back again to face the dogs, but suddenly something else caught my attention. it was of course huang renjun.

without any hesitation, he instantly grabbed my wrist, pulling me close to him until our chest bumped into each other. i bounced back and it disconnected, but renjun didn't approve that so he immediately wrapped his arms around upper body, firmly yet comfortable.

his embrace was warm, and his big, strong arms seemed very protective when it was wrapped around my frail body. the world around me melted away as he squeezed me tighter, not wanting the moment to end. in that embrace he was cocooned better than any butterfly-to-be. i felt his soft skin and the gentle squeeze on his own. he bathed in me, warmth and the smell of freshly laundered clothes.

"r-renjun." i stuttered while my body quivered because i began to panic.

"i- i just really missed you a lot mayumi." he whispered very softly, as soft as a feather. "i hope you'll understand how much i do, because i wouldn't be standing here, hugging you as if it's my last."

at that moment, everything was magical. we melted into each other, i obviously fell deeper in love with him but i decided to fade that thought away.

"i missed you so much as well renjun, very much." i responded. there i wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him back. "please never leave me like that again."

note: still in airport. i honestly hate airports, also planes because i get dizzy and the rules and the security and the amount of waiting to wait ughhh i wished we could teleporn :((