21 | miss calls

mayumi

it was another normal school day, after an exhausting trip in school, me, jaemin, renjun and jeno went to our café and continued answering our math assignment. me and renjun really haven't done anything, only the first 15 questions and then we just fool around and talk. it was bad but fun.

"mayumi and renjun were the ones who actually do something, now both of you just act like kids while me and jaemin focus and answer." jeno spoke a bit suprised. "i guess it flipped today, i'm proud of myself and you too jeno." jaemin winked and flashed the older a sweet teasingly smirk which caused the black haired boy to blush madly.

"we hate math, we don't really care anymore." renjun snickered a laugh and continued to braid my hair, messily but it was adorable he tried.

i smiled and looked over to see if hyuck was doing fine, he did and i'm so proud that he was amazing at working already. he knew how to do the drinks, how to greet the costumer and ask them what they wanted. same with sanha, he always clean the table perfectly and they'll be so shiny and clean as new.

wow, my mother is probably so proud of us.

there was a minute of silence, renjun playing with my hair, the two boys focusing on math and the workers were doing their job.

"so, how's hanuel?" i queried which caused renjun's hands to freeze, but after a second he continued. "i don't know." he gave me a brief respond.

"have you called her? texted her?" i asked and turned my face to see him, he pulled his hands away from my hair and stared at me. "no, and i'm sure she's fine now would you?"

renjun giggled and forcefully made me turn my head around, his hands slither through my hair and commenced to play with them again.

"where is her hometown then?" i asked, still facing forward. renjun sighed invisibly and shrugged his shoulder. "i don't know, she mentioned it to me before but i didn't paid attention but i think it was busan- no it was uls- okay i don't know, but whatever!" renjun gave up, letting a heavy sigh. "why do you even care." he mumbled.

"i was just asking you know? since she's your girlfriend, i wanna know how she's doing." i spoke and shrugged my shoulders

"you don't have to know how she's doing, she's i um, she's probably doing fine... i guess." renjun said.

jaemin squinted his eyes and looked up. "it sounds like you really don't care about her." jaemin's words made renjun stop, he sighed and bounced his shoulders.

"look, i do but i just you know? she's just, she's doing fine and i guess she's having fun and so... wherever she's at, like her hometown she's doing fine." renjun explained which made all of us stare blankly at him, it was quite odd to listen to him.

jeno scoffed. "you don't even know where she's going? her hometown? i'm pretty sure she said it, but you weren't probably paying attention-" renjun interjected the younger boy who sat beside jaemin.

"fine, i'll admit i was quite busy thinking about something else but i vow you she's doing fine. she's spending her time with her sick grandma, they're probably having fun." renjun forcefully smiled, sighing and played with my hair.

jeno's eyes wagged fast, he connected his wide eyes with renjun's and tilted his head. "but haneul mentioned two weeks ago that her grandmother was unfortunately dead."

renjun's cheeks heated, he was speechless and embarrassed. all he did was purse his lips and ignored what jeno said, instead he again played with my hair.

"anyway, jeno-yah! help me with this question, i swear i don't get this." jaemin frowned, it caused the younger to giggle and scoot closer to him.

ding ding.

renjun's phone vibrated on the table. my eyes automatically glanced down, the screen opened which revealed a picture of him and haneul as the wallpaper. to be honest, yes it kinda broke my heart but it was still quite cute. i felt my eyes widened.

8 missed calls from haneul :)

haneul sent you a message:
injunnie~ please answer my calls, you're
worrying me a lot :(

"oh, i'll go and answer her phone calls. i'll be back mayumi." renjun deliberately ruffled my hair.

he leaned close and snatched his phone, calling haneul and walking away from us with his phone pressing down against his ear.

something's off with renjun and haneul's relationship. i feel like renjun is acting so odd, acting like an un-boyfriend material... if that's a word, but you know what i mean. he doesn't listen to his girlfriend, which is important to but he doesn't. he doesn't check if she's doing fine, calls her or even leave her a single message.

does he really love hanuel?

note: im so sleepy because im so tired and i wanna dream about jeno! i also keep dreaming about my crush :'( probably because he's so faraway from me, cuz we have vacation and pfff why would i miss when i'm not even special to him! :( anyway, let's stick with nct! every nctzenz is special to them <3