Chapter 11 - Last Forever

Happy Reading

The song isn't from 90s but I love it. So deal with it :p

"Toh ..." Sameer cleared his throat. "Kuch khaogi?"

Days had passed since Naina interrogated Munna but the passing of time now felt easier. Samaina had fallen into a schedule of calling each other every night and discussing whatever happened in their day. Naina made it a point to make him listen to her favorite Bollywood songs.

A day could only feel complete when they heard each other speak.

Sameer, now knew the little nuisances of Naina's speech. The way she gasped or laughed at the right time, how her tone fell when she didn't like something. Naina too understood how his voice became huskier and deeper when he told her things he liked about her, how he childishly said "Naina, Naina, Naina" when he was excited about something and how sheepish he sounded every time she praised him.

They had intertwined into each other's lives without any efforts.

SwaMun, on the other hand, were braving their difficulties with their friends' help. Swati's mom hadn't banned PreeNa from their house, maybe because she trusted them to have no hand in Swati's affair or because she knew that her lifeless daughter needed her friends, who probably would help her contact Munna. Naina had her doubts that if persuaded probably she would eventually agree to their marriage.

SamAina had been busy with the preparations of their upcoming engagement. So, it was mostly Preeti and Pandit helping out with smuggling SwaMun's letters to each other.

Munna would write a letter and hand it over to Pandit, who would meet Preeti and give her the letter in exchange of the letters Swati gave her.

" Mere dono jijaji kitne acche hai pata nahi uss Pandit jaisa dost kaha se utha ke laye!!" Preeti often came back home frustrated.

"Meri dono bhabhiyan kitni shaant, kitni acchi hai aur wo Preeti? Mujhe toh shaq hota hai wo bhabhi ki behen hai bhi ya nahi." Pandit too would complain.

The water snatching and chilli serving incidents were still fresh in their minds.

"I don't like him."

"I don't like her."

On a similar routine, Preeti and Pandit were heading towards each other to exchange letters. This time they had decided to meet at a Samosa shop. Pandit had suggested and for the first time in life Preeti had agreed, instantly because for them food is, was and will forever be LOVE, first love.

Pandit was already sitting on a bench near the Samosa shop when Preeti arrived at the scene.

"Do." She stretched her palm in front of him. Her eyes were still on the road.

"Samosa?" He replied with a puzzled look.

"Samosa nahi duffer!! Letter, letter do."

"Yahi baat aaram se bhi bol sakti ho."

Preeti pressed her temples in annoyance.

"Waha road ki taraf kya dekh rahi ho?" He asked while taking another bite of the Samosa.

"Safety ke liye. Koi aa gaya, toh?"

"Arey! Koi nahi aayega. Baitho baitho, lo Samosa khao." Pandit patted the bench for her to sit.

Preeti sat down and took the snack from him.

"Paise khud dene honge." He added after she had taken her first bite.