Chapter 14 - Rights and Wrongs

Dedicated to Anjali_J33

Happy Reading!

Sunlight pricked her eyes and she winced. She wanted to sleep, a little more. She tossed and turned but the sunlight entering from all the windows wasn't letting her sleep. She heard soft footsteps and then a screeching sound. She opened her eyes and saw Sameer shutting the curtains to help her sleep. His back was towards her. She kept admiring his love for her. He turned around and she closed her eyes, immediately. She parted her eyelids, just enough to see Sameer standing near the window, with his arms crossed. He was admiring her sleep. Her husband was her favorite person in this whole world

"Naina!"

She heard someone calling her.

"Naina uth!"

But she didn't want to. She tossed around but immediately felt something wet on her face.

"Bhagwan jooth na bulaye!"

Naina opened her eyes. There was no Sameer, no room with windows all over, no sunshine just her old room with her mom who had thrown a lot of water on her face. She felt her face with her hand, it was all wet but she had a sweet, after dream smile on her face.

"Jaldi uth aur taiyaar ho jaa."

Naina walked to the bathroom in half sleep.

The house wasn't empty like the night Naina, Preeti and Shefali had sneaked off to Swati's home. More and more guests had started staying in their home, in Taiji's flat and in the houses of other people in the society. They weren't going to go back after any function.

"Sukoon bhare dino ko bolein good bye. Do you want some chai?" Preeti asked Naina. She was holding a tray full of tea cups in front of her.

"Itna rush hai! Ye log kab jaayenge?" Naina took a tea cup and asked.

"Jab aap jaayengi." Preeti said, carelessly but watching Naina's smile disappear told her that she had touched a nerve.

"Naina, mai-"

"It's okay."

Naina walked away with her tea cup.

The same atmosphere was spread in
Maheshwari's house except the guests were staying only for the day because they had been given rooms in hotels and guest houses in Ahemdabad.

Sameer, Munna and Pandit were having chai-pakoda in Sameer's room, away from all the guests.

"Kuch bhi kaho yaar, Poonam Bhabhi ke haath me jo swaad hai na!" Pandit said.

"Kya swad hai?!" Munna asked while eating two pakodas at a time.

"Wo swad hai!"

"Yaar!" Sameer sat next to them and began munching the left pakodas. "Naina toh abhi bhi phone nahi utha rahi."

"Rishta tay hone ke baad toh Swati freely phone uthati hai." Munna sipped his tea. "Waah!"

Pandit tsk'ed at Munna and said, "Tumhara jhagda hua tha kya?"

"Nahi."

"Toh fir?" Munna asked. He kept his cup on the table and yawned.

"Hai toh uss Preeti ki behen na, kuch toh screw loose hoga hi." Pandit mumbled and before he could realize two cushions came flying at him.

"Meri saali ko kuch mat bol!" Sameer and Munna said in unison.

"Mai kuch bolu?"

Poonam Bhabhi's voice made all of them turn their heads.