Chapter Seven

Shuichi looked down in shock, instantly recognizing the boy below him. 

"K-Kokichi?!" 

The purple-haired boy giggled before accepting Shuichi's help getting to his feet. He wore an oversized white t-shirt and purple swim trunks, his hair as messy as ever.

"What are you doing here?" Shuichi continued, still not believing his eyes. Sure, he'd said he'd be fine with Kokichi, but he never meant literally! Maybe Atua was real after all, and this was just his work.

"I'm on vacation, duh!" The shorter boy responded, grinning up at Shuichi. Shuichi was at a loss for words. Out of all the resorts in Mexico, all the cities and countries in the world, and here stood Kokichi.

"W-why here? What is even..." Shuichi's voice trailed off, his thoughts racing in confusion.

"Because it's a nice resort. Why are you here? Are you stalking me?" Kokichi leaned forward, smirking. Shuichi snapped back to the conversation at hand.

"Erm, no, my dad's on a business trip. W-why would you think I'm stalking you?"

Kokichi giggled, flinging his arms out dramatically. "Why, I'm just so amazing!" Shuichi mentally facepalmed, watching the shorter boys enthusiastic movements.

"So, where ya off to?" 

"My hotel room. Why do you care?" Shuichi responded, his voice coming out slightly harsh.

Kokichi flinched at his words, his eyes watering. "I thought we were friends, Shumai..."

Shuichi sighed, letting his guard down. Just then Kokichi erupted into a fit of laughter. 

"Gotcha! I'd never cry for something like that. Anywhooo, see ya later Shumai!" Kokichi called out, already skipping off in the opposite direction. Shuichi returned to his room shortly later, still processing the entire interaction.

(Aight, well I'm gonna go watch YouTube or something until I fall asleep, cos I'm tired af and I'm sick of writing for today. Welcome to the first segment of my tired ass writing.)