The last of the Targaryens

EPISODE 4

EXT. THE FIELDS OF WINTERFELL - DAY

The aftermath of the war is shown. Many of the northerners, the free folk, the dorthraki, the unsullied and the second sons died.

All the survivors stand lined up outside of Winterfell. Jon is standing in the middle. To his right are Bran and Arya. To his left are Missandei, Tyrion and Grey worm. Behind them are all the surviving northern lords and armies.

In front of them are multiple piles of hay and wood. On top of every pile, there is a dead body. The bodies of the people who died during the battle.

Gilly can be seen in the background with little Sam. She is crying.

Daenerys is standing next to one of the piles. Jorah body lies on it. She looks at him, crying. She leans over and kisses his forehead.

Sansa is also standing next to a pile. Theon's. She is also crying. Sansa pulls out a stark pin from her robe and places it on Theon's armour. To her, he will always be a stark.

Sansa walks to Arya and Bran. Daenerys takes a final look at Jorah, as a tear falls down her cheek. Then she turns around and walks to Missandei, Tyrion and Grey worm.

Jon steps forward.

JON SNOW
We're here to say goodbye to our brothers and sisters. To our fathers and mothers. To our friends. Our fellow men and women who set aside their differences to fight together and die together so that others might live. Everyone in this world owes them a debt that can never be repaid. It is our duty and our honour to keep them alive in memory for those who come after us and those who come after them, for as long as men draw breath. They were the shields that guarded the realms of men. And we shall never see their like again.

Jon steps back and grabs a torch and so does Daenerys, Tyrion, Sansa, Arya, Brienne and the other northerners as well.

Sansa goes to Theon, Dany to Jorah, Tyrion to Varys, Arya to Beric, Brienne to Tormund and Jon to Sam.

They all look at the person they lost during the war. Then they lower the torches and light the piles on fire, burning the dead.

Daenerys looks at the burning pile with tears streaming down her cheek. Then she turns around and walks back.

EXT. JON'S CHAMBER - DAY

Jon is sitting on his bed. He is upset. You could see it from miles away.

Suddenly the door opens. Jon stands up. Daenerys walks through the door. Jon is both happy and sad to see her. He didn't want to be alone at a time like this. But at the same time, their relationship has gotten rather, complicated, with his newfound identity and everything.

DAENERYS
Am I disturbing you?

JON SNOW
No.

Daenerys closes the door behind her and then she faces Jon.

JON SNOW
I didn't know Ser Jorah well. But I know that if he could have chosen a way to die, it would have been protecting you.

DAENERYS
He loved me. But I couldn't love him back. Not the way he wanted. Not the way I love you.

Jon gives her a gentle smile. Then he looks down at the floor. He is happy to hear her say that, but he feels guilty that he's happy about it. After all they were related.

Daenerys takes a step forward.

DAENERYS
I'm so sorry about Sam. I know he was your best friend. I know how much you cared for him.