Chapter 16

"Oh good lord‚ I'm tired." Jinx said as they were on the 100th floor's staircase. They stopped outside the large metal door as God Slayer was smiling.

"Guys‚ I know who stands before this doors. He is a being I have met in many times. I shall face him alone."

"Yeah right you are. I am not facing another one of those things. Those aren't monsters those are at the very least Elder Dragon level demons. That pink one had like a mount twice the size of a dragon. It almost ate me." Rose said as she slides down leaning on the wall.

God Slayer shrugged as he kicked open the door.

He smiled seeing the Cyberdemon seated on throne of bone as the skulls of many kings and legends hung from the ceiling. It's left arm had been fitted with a massive cannon easily three times as bulky as him and 6 times his height. The other arm held a giant sword similar to the crucible except it glowed pitch black.

God Slayer grinned as he swung out his crucible in one hand and attached his BFG 9000 to his other hand.

"We meet once again. I have waited for you. I knew you would come. It is our destiny to forever fight. I am the greatest evil and you are the most darkest hero marred by us‚ raised by us‚ molded by us." Cyberdemon said as he grinned getting up. Standing at 20ft tall.

Rose slowly recedes back into their stairway. She turned to look at Jinx and Dula.

"Um there is a dangerous looking demon there that I don't want to face."

"It's probably a Cyberdemon. They are like the head honcho in charge in demon culture. They are the greatest mix between Hell tech and Hell brutality. Built like a diamond house reinforced with Adamantine substances." Dula explained as Jinx chuckled.

"Well let's watch then."

The Gods‚ God Slayer's companions all stood watching as the two were about to square off.

The room the two stood in was able to contain an entire castle. God Slayer felt the tension in the air. He looked at his hands. Covered in blood. Like so many times. His hate for demons had always kept him going. The Seraphim's Slayer‚ humanity's savior and some cases‚ The UAC's redeemer.

He had thrown those titles away when he had joined this world. His past seemed to not want to let him go.

"Let's go my nemesis." God Slayer said as he released all the Argent energy he held seeing the souls of the demons watching the battle. He rushed ahead as he leaped into the air firing plasma shots at the Cyberdemon which sprinted dodging the blasts firing large rounds at God Slayer who landed on the first launching himself at the Cyberdemon as their blades clashed.

God Slayer chuckled grabbing a pack of frag grenade and tossing it under the Cyberdemon which noticed and jumped back as the explosions rocked the fortress of a 100 floors. The Cyberdemon's cannon clicked as it shot a round of plasma at God Slayer sending him slamming into the wall coughing blood.

God Slayer grinned as his visor glowed red and he does with argent infused fists swinging as he punched the Cyberdemon who staggered before headbutting the God Slayer who crashed into the floor.

The Cyberdemon grinned firing at God Slayer who got up doing back flips landing inches from Rosé's peeking head.

"Okay time to unleash every last bit of weaponry I've got." God Slayer said as he pulled out his pistol firing at the Cyberdemon's cannon before switching to his rocket launcher as the Cyberdemon stampeded towards him.

Running sideways as he fired rocket upon rocket at the Cyberdemon as it ducked and jumped dodging his rockets until one caught it in the chest. God Slayer took the opportunity as he grabbed his BFG and fired a round blasting off its cannon arm and sending the argent sword nailing itself into the roof. God Slayer kicked the Cyberdemon onto the floor.

"Surrender!" God Slayer shouted as the Cyberdemon looked mystified.

"I would rather die than let my pride as a demon be shamed. Kill me‚ it was my only purpose in this wo—

"No! You are more than that. You're the last of your kind. You can stop now. Let's end this hatred. I no longer hate you." God Slayer said before a holy sword stabbed him from behind nailing him to the floor. All the elder Gods stood around him sighing.

"I actually thought you would be useful and fulfill your purpose. Like they say‚ you can't trust a mortal with a God's job." One of the elder Gods said kicking the God Slayer as they sent chains wrapping around the Cyberdemon hanging from the ceiling.

"Y....you evil bastards." God Slayer said as he teleported a bunch of argent containers below him. He slammed down on the containers as the Gods were blown away by an wave of Argent energy.

They coughed as the dust faded. The God Slayer stood standing as his helmet lay on the floor. Eyes were blood red as fists glowed in pure argent power.

He grinned watching as his hair was brightly glowing with green energy.

"I am the vessel of the Argent'Nurian race. I hold the hopes‚ dreams and souls of those who fell. I even possess the spirits of the demons. I am their protector and the Slayer of evil. You have fallen from grace and I shall rip and tear."  God Slayer said as one of the elder Gods held out their hands firing a compressed ball of magic at God Slayer who slapped it away with his Crucible before bursting into a sprint cleaving the god in two. The other 8 gods readied their magic as the rest of his team appeared.

"I never thought I'd be fighting the gods that we worshipped‚ well until I realized that they are a bunch of dicks." Rose said as she summoned her Rose petals.

"Well if you're like me‚ you would have known that long back. These guys are pretty much assholes to their cores." Jinx said extending her claws.

The Cyberdemon ripped off the restraints standing on God Slayer's side.

"Looks likes for once we are on the same page." God Slayer said as Cyberdemon grinned.

"Well beggars can't be choosers."

They started the battle as God Slayer rushed ahead whilst Dula climbed Cyberdemon firing shots of her bow at the Gods which blocked as they fired their own magic. One of the gods held a spear of light throwing at Dula. God Slayer sliced it in half as he swung with the crucible cutting off the God's head off.

Wraith Queen summoned hordes upon hordes of monsters as the room became a battlefield.

Another god fell as God Slayer used his BFG to blow a hole in his chest. Ducking under the mighty of another God as Rose grabbed him by the arm as she swung him to the God's face. He grinned as he slammed his fists into it's skull watching the head sink into the God's torso.

A few more minutes and a single god was on the floor trying to reach the giant Afterlife Gates. God Slayer landed on his head pointing the BFG at him.

"All this for the afterlife. Pitiful." God Slayer said watching the God quiver.

"If you kill me the world will go to chaos. Many will die. The faith of many will be wasted where we don't exis—

God Slayer fired the BFG.

"Gods don't make the world. We do." God Slayer said as he dropped to the floor coughing blood. Souls rushed out of his body.

They flew to the doors fading through.
God Slayer laid on the floor as he was joined by his friends.

"So what now? You've accomplished your goal."

"Yeah. Let me let my family rest. They've had enough. Okay. I'll resolved my conscience. I shall stay in this worl—

"Leveling completed. You've become too powerful for this world. You shall be sent to the next world where even more challenges await. May you and your allies live long and happy. It's your Seraphim." A voice said as they team felt themselves lifted off the floor.

"Oh God damn i—

They disappeared into thin air.