Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen
Song:
Lyn-Z's P.O.V
Wednesday, October 19

"HE SAID WHAT?" Brendon howled, nearly choking on his apple juice he was draining quickly with a straw.

"That he's a top," I say through fits of laughter.

My sides ached terribly as my lungs protested for air deprived by my steadfast bursts of comical hysteria. Brendon wheezed, falling over into Dallon's lap dramatically.

"Oh, oh my God," he breathed, "that's too funny."

I fixed my hair with one hand as my wayward hair tried to escape the confines of the elastics that once held them in place, "I know, right?"

"I mean," Brendon started, making himself comfortable on his 'friend's lap, "have you seen the boy? With those tight ass jeans? That haircut?," he popped his mouth, "total bottom."

"I don't know," Dallon said thoughtfully, "I mean, have you seen that kid he hangs out with? There's no way he tops Gerard."

Brendon threw his hands up, "Fine, then he's a part-time convert, but my original point stands."

I shook my head, chuckling to myself and thinking of the conversation I had with Mikey yesterday.

* * *
Break had just started and I was in the midst of begging Brendon for vending machine money when a familiar skinny figure made his way over to our group.

"Hey, it's Rockin' Robin!" Brendon declared, a nickname he'd dubbed him on account of his bird-like physique and chirpy demeanour.

"Hey, Mikey!" I say, frowning as I re-count the spare change in my jacket pocket.

"Hey guys," he sit down.

He rarely hung out around us, most of the time he was too busy hanging out with his friend, who all of us are betting is his boyfriend.

"Not hanging out with Pete today?" I ask pointedly.

He scratches the back of his head, ruffling his pin-straight hair only for it to fall back down against his neck limply, "I'm going to, just wanted to talk to Lyn-Z for a second."

"Mmmm okay, yeah whatever," Brendon said absentmindedly.

I pull Mikey aside, wondering what he possibly had to talk about, and to me of all people.

"What's up, Mikes?"

"You know Frank? The kid Gerard hangs around?"

I can't help but laugh, "Yes, I'm well aware of him and the fact him and Gerard are practically inseparable."

Mikey grinned, "Yeah well, Frank got into a fight yesterday, like, we're talking a major fight."

I almost thought he was joking at first, until he sent a look meant to reaffirm his statement. I shake my head in disbelief, biting my lip.

"He seems so...docile. And he's tiny! How did he even take down someone?"

"I don't know," Mikey shrugged, "he seemed pretty angry to me. It was one heated fight," he paused, deep in thought, "Well actually, the reason I wanted to talk to you about it was because Gerard was there when it happened."

I lean forward, suddenly very interested, "You have my attention."

"He—" Mikey stopped, laughing a little bit, "he carried him away. And got all terrifying and yelled at the guy Frank was beating up."

"I fucking knew it!" I whisper-yelled, "so they are a thing!"

"Who's a thing?" Brendon chimed in, suddenly invested in the conversation.

"Frank and Gerard!"

"Shhhh!" Mikey hissed, "We don't know that."

"Bet fifty bucks they're fucking," Brendon said so nonchalantly, it was like he was talking about the weather.

Mikey cringed, "Can we not talk about who my brother may or may not be fucking?"

"Language!" I grin at him, ruffling his hair, "Alright, now go back to your boyfriend, kid."

Mikey blushed furiously, "He's not my boyfriend!"

Brendon and I look at each other, giggling.

"The ignorance must run in the family."

Dallon smacked his arm, "Oh, give him a break, B!"

Mikey rolled his eyes, walking away. The piece of information was interesting, very interesting indeed. And I was sure it would only be a matter of time before things got even weirder.

Because it's Gerard, it's bound to be odd. I just hope he doesn't fuck this up

(679)

* * *