Chapter 3: Return of the Magician.

Watch Tower. Lois profusley attempts to gain a signal to the Phantom Zone via the Crystal Of El. But, it's stillvery much to no aveil, as the Communication Device is already destroyed and Lois remains at a dead end. She kicks a chair over in frustration. Suddenly, Zatanna enters the room and sees Lois's anxiety boiling over. Zatanna looks ton the computers and Lois stops, when she spots the female magician.

ZATANNA: Lois are you alright?

LOIS: As a matter of fact...........no I ain't.

ZATANNA: Is there anything I can do?

LOIS: Clark is trapped in the Phantom Zone. The crystal Of El has lost Clark and Oli's Signal and the communcation Device is destroyed. It's almost certain, that we'll never get them back.

ZATANNA: What is the Phantom Zone?

LOIS: It's a desolate wasteland prison, created by Jor-El, Clark's biological father where Kryptonian prisoners were sent and once imprisoned all are stripped of their powers and are eternally trapped. Once in imprisoned some become Phantoms.  The only way to escape is if the portal is opened by Kryptonians bloodline. But, it seems they may have hit a glitch somewhere and Tess, well I can't get them back.

ZATANNA: Oh my God Lois, that's terrible. What's Tess doing about it?

LOIS: By trying have sex with me.

Zatanna stands stunned by Lois's admission. She doesn't know whether to laugh or keep a straight face for Lois's sake.

ZATANNA: Tess tried to seduce you? Why?

LOIS: Because she is a devious bitch, that's why. She's Luthor. Every Luthor I have come across, is corrupt and evil. Tess is right at the top, along with her half brother Lex. This is saying something, but at least Lionel had redeeming qualties, before Lex pushed him out of that window.

ZATANNA: Just like that, she landed one on you.

LOIS: And just like that, she declared her love for me. How could have I been so stupid?

ZATANNA: Tess can waitHow long have you tried to get them back?

Lois turns and continues to push buttons, but the systems are scrambled and nothings seems to reply through the Watch Tower computers. Lois hits the table in frustration and Zatanna grabs her arms in an attempt to get her to calm down. Lois looks to Zatanna nervously, and fears that Clark may never return from a brutal and dangerous isolate place.

ZATANNA: It's OK. You can trust me.

LOIS: Look, I remember you granted a wish for Chloe two years ago. Maybe you can pull off an amazing miracle.

ZATANNA: Lois, it's not that simple. My magic may be strong, but this is beyond my experience. I'm dealing with Alien power, if I did manage to succeed bringing Clark and Oliver back, they could bring extra baggage back with them.

LOIS: So I'm back to square one.

Lois and Zatanna sit down. Lois looks to be tiresome and she is almost drifting off, just sitting up.

ZATANNA: Lois you look increasingly tired, you should go home get some sleep.

LOIS: Sleep, the chance I'll get of that.

ZATANNA: Have you informed Chloe?

LOIS: No, I am definatley not telling Chloe. She's been through with the VRA and this Darkseid shit, I don't want to burden her with this now. I want her to enjoy her new start in life in Star City. I'll only tell if....if.....

ZATANNA: Don't think like that. You must stay positive. Why don't you freshen up and I'll get us a cappuccino?

LOIS: I can't say that's a bad consolation. Thank you Zatanna.

Zatanna leaves the room and Lois sits and goes off into a world of her own, until she bursts into tears and drops to her knees. She is heartbroken. Tess hasn't helped matters, but trying to seduce Lois. And from what we've seen of Tess previously, she always gets what she wants.