Chapter 4. Doctor Love in Waiting.

Tess returns to her new apartment late, after being left humilited and hated by Lois Lane. She did after all, make a pass at her best reporter employee, who would scoop a Pulitzer Prize, year after year. The pass wasn't the only shock she presented Lois, Tess declared her love to her and it ultimatley made Miss Lane give Tess the cold shoulder, almost certainly indefinatley. Upon reaching her front door, Tess discovers it's ajar and she instantly takes caution. The side lights are on and she throws her handbag down and unlocks a drawer and takes out a gun. Tess proceeds towards her bedroom door, which is also partially open. Tess kicks the door open and flicks on the lights and is shocked to find Emil Hamilton, sitting up in bed waiting. Candle lights are lit and rose pettles are scattered around the room, with Champagne also in presentation.

EMIL: Surprise.

TESS: Emil, I could have killed.

EMIL: You already have, with your deadly seductive passion.

TESS: How did you get in?

EMIL: Secret. I wanted to surprise you. So how about you put the gun down and we share some quality time together, between the sheets.

Tess smiles nervously, knowing how Emil isn't too shy, to show his true nature, even in an attempt to impress.

TESS: Um.......

EMIL: Um wasn't kind the answer, I was looking for.

TESS: It's not that Emil. It's actually Clark and Oliver.

Tess begins to get serious and she places the gun safely in her purse.

EMIL: Three's a little crowded, but then again, some things usually come in three's.

TESS: No, it's nothing like that, they're in trouble or should I be more specific, danger.

Emil immediatley gets out of bed butt naked. Tess begins to feel nervous, as her eyes begin to wander.

EMIL: What sort of danger?

TESS: The sort of danger you'd be in, if you walk around in somebody's apartment naked, especially one that's not yours........but you and I obviously always have an understanding, just a figure of speech.

EMIL: Oh right, yeah. Sorry.

Emil put his trousers on and his shirt.

TESS: They're M.I.A.

EMIL: Where are they?

TESS: The Phantom Zone.

EMIL: That's the prison for Kryptonian prisoner, created by Jor-el.

TESS: Clark told you about that place?

EMIL: Yes, how on Earth did both Clark and Ollie end up in that horrible place?

TESS: General Slade Wilson. Somehow, he was sent through a portal and brought back down to Earth. He's currently in a coma at a military base. Clark wanted to go alone, but Oliver jumped through the portal just as it closed, after I activated the Crystal Of El. We lost communication and the Crystal doesn't seem to wanna be of help. Lois is beside herself, I don't know what to do.

EMIL: Oh my God this is awful, especially since Clark has no powers in that desolate place.

TESS: Not so desolate, it's full of Phantoms and evil. Clark and Ollie could die.

EMIL: Poor Lois, she must be going through hell. Has she spoke to Chloe?

TESS: Not that I know of, I haven't spoken to her for much of the day.

EMIL: She needs all the friends she can get. I'm going to see what I can do.

Emil puts his coat on and is about to exit the apartment, when Tess tugs at his arm.

TESS: Lois said, she wanted to be alone. We tried constantly and she insisted she wanted personal space for a while to clear her head.

EMIL: OK, but when you see Lois, you tell her she needs all the help she can get as do Clark and Oliver. In time, Chloe and Martha Kent will need to be informed, especially now Slade has made a reoccurring appearance, even if he's in a vulnerable state.

TESS: I know. I will do just that I promise.

EMIL: That's my girl.

TESS: You know, I never made it official for me to be your girl.

EMIL: Who's girl are you? Or the real question is, who's girl do you want to be?

Emil, winks cheekily leaving Tess, uneasy about his teasing question. The real answer ringing in Tess Mercers mind is Lois Lane.