Chapter 11 The Hack

*I have just manged to get Wattpad on my phone so you guys can expect more regular updates. The next chapter will be really good trust me. Really exited to write it. *

RRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG..............................

the morning alarm on my phone was waking us up at 6am. Evie is already awake and wandering around trying to be as quite as possible. I pull my self up on the bed and look at her. 

"it wasn't all a dream" I say and Evie laughs. 

"we need to pack and I have made a list." Evie says still laughing

"you are so organised. " I say in owe of her. I get up and plait my hair into to 2 plaits. I slide my grey breeches on and put on a random top. we head down stairs. lots of people are getting up now and leaving so we don't bother to keep our voices down. we reach the stables and I go up to Angle. she shakes her head at me and I give her a sugar free polo. she munches it up. while I pet her. when I enter the tack room there is a big massive sign up sheet for the different fields. me and Evie log Angle and Capi into the same one. then we get their feed. when I open the stable door Angel does not bolt but steps back when I put her bucket on the floor and eats it up. I go back to the feed room and pick up a plastic box. I stuff hay and a bit of feed into it and place it into my tack locker. we head over to breakfast wich takes about five minuets.

"we should take a sandwich and some fruit and a muffin" Evie says wrapping this all up. 

"going out on a hack girls?" the cafeteria lady asks we both nod "then let me put this all in a box" 

I pick up a bowl of porridge and golden syrup and sit down. Evie has the same. after breakfast we collect our food from the lady and go to the front desk. main children are milling around there and we take a sign up sheet and sign ourselves and our horse out the campus for the day. then we head back to our room.

once in our room I pick up my bag and put in some shorts, a water bottle ,sugar free polos, our lunch, my phone and all the keys. 

"right lets go "Evie says locking the door and we head off.

I open the latch and step in. slowly I pull a headcollar over angles head and bring her outside. then I tie her up on the cross ties and go get her tack. I have two saddle pad. a green and a beige. I bring the green one and her saddle. I tack her up being cautions with everything because I really did not want to make a mistake. Angel kept shifting about and I found it difficult the get the girth on. Eventually I just did it loosely and decided to tighten it later. I took her head collar of and putt her bridle on. she excepted the bit well and I was pleased. I lead her into the yard before remerging that I needed to get her food. Evie was already there.  

"can you please hold angle while I go get her food." I asked 

"yeah sure" she says

when I come back I mount from the mounting block and give her a small kick. she walks on. capi goes first and we follow. 

"capi is so much bigger" I say " I am go scared I will out grow Angle but I am so small myself so it should be fine"

"yeah your tiny so I guess the fact that Angel is tiny doesn't really make a difference. lets trot" 

Angel is very good and we follow in time. we pass the cross country course and then the indoor arena. Angel is hyper and ready to go. 

"you are lower down and can reach the gate. can you open it please" Evie askes 

"yeah sure" I budge Angel on and open the gate. "lets gallop up to the forest"

"ok but trot through the forest. you have never ridden Angel outside the arena so you don't know how she will respond tot stuff" 

"yeah plus she is really green"    

once outside we gallop. capi's gallop is very collected. Angles is less but we still power through. we slow to canter and then a trot and go into the forests. its a big pine forest with one clear path labelled with a horse and rider. it all looks very pretty and we chat a lot. 

it takes us t hours to get through the forest and our bums hurt a lot. we can see the lake or just about but its good to have a goal. we canter and the horse keep strong. then we reach another forests. we get off and walk with our horses to give them a small break. we talk about school and horses and plans for the future. then we get back on and finish the final stretch on horse back.                      

we arrive all exited and jump off our horses. I tie our horses up by a tree and Evie puts out there food on the ground. we fill up our boxes with water and give them to the horses. they take it gratefully. we take of our breaches and put on our shorts.

"you ready we doing it at a run or walking in" I ask

"run" Evie shouts and pulls me in. we struggle in and then gasp for air. it was so cold. we lough and the dare each other to go under. we both do. freezing we stager out. still clutching each other. we cant stop giggling. 

" I wish we had a camp fire" Evie says 

" I can make one" I say

"we don't have matches"

"I can do it with a water bottle"   

"that's cool. "

 I gather some dry leaves and place them on the floor. I pick up a bottle and get the sun to go directly through it. five minuets later the fire is going. I throw some sticks on it and we gather around. 

" I ill get some more sticks you stay here" I grab some sticks and think of a sudden idea. I am still holding my water bottle. slowly I unscrew it and quietly as possible sneak up on Evie. then I pour the whole bottle on her.

"what "she shouts and we both laugh. 

" that was funny should have filmed it" 

" well at least I cant be any wetter so not really a prank wait till I get you back." we both lough 

"I give you full promision to get me back any time." 

we have our lunch and the hack back slowly. the horse are very tired so we don't really push and just got slowly. we gat back at around 5 pm.