Chapter 13 : Confused Lawyer

Gauri was all smiles as she saw Omkara dancing with his grandmother. Her phone beeped. She looked down at it, it was a text message from Aman. Her smile faded slightly. She looked up to see Omkara dancing with another woman, one of his many friends. Soon there was another woman. All members of his family and most of his friends had joined the dance. They were all smiling or laughing enjoying the dance. How she wished, she fitted into this place like a piece in jigsaw puzzle- perfectly! The truth would be she did not fit, maybe wasn't meant to fit. She decided to go out into the garden but before she could, Priyanka, Omkara's joyful, fun-loving cousin sister pulled her to dance. Soon Gauri was dancing with Rudra, his brother. She smiled. 

"You dont dance?" Rudra asked.

"No, I do. Infact I love dancing." Gauri replied cheerfully.

"Then what took you so long to get to the dance floor?" Rudra cocked up a brow.

"I am an introvert kind you know. Takes me time to settle. "

"After that you are an extrovert?"he grinned asking.

"Maybe, mostly." Gauri giggled.

"So much like O." Rudra remarked, carefully observing her expression. The smile she flashed was much wider and her cheeks were pink. Rudra had a hack tip.  The color on a woamn's cheeks and the stretch of her smile gave away what she felt about a man when his name was stated. He was sure this woman liked his brother. She was his probable to be Bhaabhs!

He held her finger twirling her when he saw his brother close behind her. There the perfect move! Gauri twirled and seconds later Omkara turned and Gauri went into his arms. Rudra grinned turning around to find his Bhaabhi. Only to note that his elder brother and his wife were lost in each other, not caring about the drill of changing partners. He shook his head and turned back to Omkara. There a similar scene went on. Both his brothers had slipped into Romeo mode. Well, he might as well work on finding himself a Juliet.

A chaotic universe was humming inside Gauri.  There were butterflies in her stomach, waterfall in her mind and a tsunami in the depths of her heart. Her skin seemed to be on fire with his touch. His gaze was tantalizing. She couldn't look anywhere else save his deep enchanting eyes. 

"You look beautiful." His soft voice was like a feather caressing her soul. It took her a minute to understand what he had said. The moment she did a blush creeped up her cheeks. 

"Thanks." She responded shyly.

Omkara had never before noted how pink her cheeks could turn. He was tempted to caress that pinkish skin with his fingers. She stepped away in dance and he was supposed to unroll her so that they could have new partners. He did not. Instead he unrolled her but then quickly pulled her back causing her petite body to collide with his. Her doe shaped eyes widened very slightly and a gasp left her faintly parted lips. His gaze flickered down to her lips amd immediately swiped up to her eyes again. She placed both her hands on his shoulder as he wrapped both his hands over her waist. Their position was more intimate. He looked down at her while her gaze was tilted upwards. There was a dynamic energy building between them. An energy they both couldn't explain or name.

Omkara slightly moved his right palm which was on her waist. She stiffened not flickering her gaze. In that very moment Omkara was charmed. What he was looking at, wasn't the woman he knew as his assistant. She was a charming woman, who promised to be an excellent lover. Stray thoughts made way to his mind. How would it be to kiss her? How would it be to know her more intimately, like a lover? How would it be to be kissed by her? Her lips tempted him. They looked promising. Her tiny hands promised to be excellent at foreplay.