Chapter 28 - Lawyer's Other Shades

( P R E S E N T )

Omkara woke up to his wife's soft voice. "Omkara, it's eight already, wake up!" He turned to her there she sat gazing at him. What an angelic sight to wake up to! He smiled hugging the cushion while gazing at her with dreamy eyes. She smiled ruffling his hair. "Wake up." He hummed holding her hand, as response. "Omkara, Bhaiya might leave early today, he has a meeting lined up with Tripathis. You should really hurry up if you are gonna talk to him." He blinked propelling out of his dreamy sleepy admiration phase for his wife. "Why don't you go and hold him up I will quickly freshen up and be there." 

 "Sure." She smiled getting off the bed.He smiled as she hurried out of the room. His cute little woman! 

* * *

Gauri looked at Shivaay as he glanced at his watch and then met her eyes. "Are you sure, this is very important?" He asked her again. "Very." She replied, "he will just be here." She said glancing up the stairs, for a glimpse of him. In the next minute he was jogging down the stairs. He tapped Shivaay's arm and led him away. Gauri shook her head following them when she was slightly disappointed to find that Omkara had shot the door of the study. Maybe she should let the brothers talk it out. She sighed, Omkara would anyway tell her what happened. 

Twelve minutes later Omkara marched out visibly angry. He marched past her, saying that he was heading for the court. He didn't say his usual bye with a charming smile. Tension was etched all over his face as well. Gauri considered following him and talking but clearly that wasn't an excellent idea. One thing her mother in law had warned her about was Omkara's anger, which Gauri hadn't witnessed yet. Maybe she was witnessing it now, cause she had never seen him so pissed. She decided to head I side and talk to Shivaay instead. She walked in timidly. Shivaay glanced up. Wow, Omkara wasn't the only Oberoi fuming there was some more. "Gauri, could you please give me a few minutes alone." 

"Sure." Gauri replied, walking out. Just before shutting the door she witnessed a pen landing roughly on the carpeted door. Well, she had heard stories about Shivaay's anger too. There was only one person who could deal with Shivaay's anger- his wife, Anika. Gauri quickly reached the kitchen and dragged out a baffled Anika. "Gauri, will you tell me what's the matter. Why is Shivaay angry?"

"That's what I want to know Bhabhi. Omkara and Bhaiya were having a conversation and then Omkara marched out fuming. When I stepped in I found out it wasn't just one angry man their were two. Please talk to Bhaiya, I hope it's nothing serious." 

"Don't worry Gauri. These two brothers fire the anger gun too soon. I will take care." Saying that Anika patted Gauri and handed her the apron she had just got rid of. Gauri sighed and turned to the gate to find Omkara walk out with long strides with his briefcase in hand. She bit her lower lip wondering what could have been between the brothers. Minutes later a pissed Anika walked out banging the door of the study close, behind her. "This man is hopeless." Muttering that's he strode away. Gauri sighed. Just brilliant, was anyone in the family normal? What was it the anger day? "Madam, which juice should I give Daadi today?" Gauri turned to the servant annoyed. "Give her chaashnee to drink!" She muttered angrily. "Give her bitter gourd juice." She breathed out rubbing her hand over her forehead. Wow now she was fuming!