Chapter 24 : His Personal Minx

Gauri stepped into his office to find him seated in his chair, his gaze fixed on a document. Nothing could be done of this man. "Mr.Omkara Singh Oberoi, look who is here."

"Ahann, that sounds like the whirlwind I call my wife." He chuckled not looking up. Gauri rolled her eyes and walked towards his table. Quickly placing the bags she was holding into the empty chair she walked upto his chair. Folding her hands she cleared her throat and announced "we are going out". He finally turned in his chair looking at her. "Out or home?" He asked taking his spectacles off.

Gauri gave him a smile. He knew by now that smile meant she was up to something. Three months of marriage and he was doing pretty well. "You heard right, we are going OUT." He stared at her. 

"Gauri have you seen the time on the clock?" He asked stretching out his hand for her to see the time on his wrist watch. 

"Yes I know. It's a few minutes past ten."

"Gauri stop talking in his phrases and tell me clearly what's running in that little head of yours." He turned his chair glancing at the files and papers scattered on his table. Gauri had developed this new habit of coming to pick him up when he said he may be late and couldn't say what time would he get home. He was sure his mother had some hand in that. However, Gauri was a very supportive wife. She somehow wasn't the same Gauri he knew before marriage. She was different. She argued with him, argued a lot. She didn't hesitate in telling him things like - she didn't like him being a lawyer or his habit of getting engrossed in a case and not responding to her calls. Oh, she also hated when he left early on days he had cases without wishing her a good morning. 

"We are going clubbing." She announced excitedly. He stared at her raising a brow. "I heard clubbing." She gave him an amused smile. "Your hearing is perfect Lawyer Omkara." He chose to ignore the stupid pun she was trying to make. 

He looked at her head to toe. She looked gorgeous as always. She could look beautiful in anything she wore. Right now she was dressed in a simple patiala and pink kurti. Oh he loved how the kurti hugged her curves. Although he missed the sarees that she barely wore now. "If you were trying to joke, it didn't work." He stated turning his attention back to the papers he had placed under the paperweight.

"Omkara I am not joking. We are going clubbing."

Omkara sighed. "Yeah right, dressed like this. Gauri, look, you know this case has been .."

"I know. That's why want you to take a break and get your mind off it for sometime. That's why we are going clubbing. Something I have always wanted to try but I never had someone to go with. Now that I have you ...let's do it." Her eyes sparked as she spoke. Omkara gave her a are-you-seriously-serious-about-this look. 

"Give me ten minutes and I will be ready. In the meanwhile you can change here." Gauri spoke as she hurriedly fetched the paper bag she had left on the empty chair a little while ago. He looked at her dumbfounded. She brought put his casual clothes and handed it to him. "Get ready fast."

"I don't believe this!" Omkara stated still marveled at his wife's planning.