Chapter 20

A/N
I'm just gonna continue with Emma's POV for a while, the story is about her after all. Xander will pop up now and then though. Onto the story.

Emma's POV

"How could someone this beautiful be so wicked?" I wondered.

Daina was still staring at the woman in disgust. I could see how much she hated her.

"Who's the friend!?" She asked smiling at me.

"Why are you here!?" Daina asked ignoring her question.

"Do you want to rot in here? Give me the pendant and I'll consider letting you go free." She said stepping closer to us."

Daina only laughed.

"You'll consider!? You're as stupid and pathetic as you look. You disgust me, every single thing about you disgust me. I still don't see what my father saw in you."

The woman walked up to Daina and slapped her so hard blood rushed from her cheek. She didn't have a ring on any of her fingers or anything sharp in her hand. This made me conclude that she either had rough skin or used magic.

The wound on Daina's cheek wasn't deep but it went all the way up to her ear.

She didn't flinch, but I did. She stood rooted in the ground and glared at her step mother. The woman seemed angry too, they were both breathing heavily. I was so terrified that my hands were trembling.

It was obvious that Daina wanted to do something about the slap but she just stood where she was. The guards all around us were amused and did nothing but stare in hopes of seeing a fight.

"The only reason you're still alive is because of that stupid force you hold around you. But don't you worry I'll hold your gut in my palms real soon." Diana shouted at the woman.

"The only reason you're alive is that pendant around your neck. When I take it, nothing will be left of you!" The woman replied.

"Look, you filthy b-" Daina was cut off by the large gate guarding wherever we were came crashing down, shattering into a million pieces.

Xander appeared through the smoke rising in the air with D'angelo behind him.

Everyone looked terrified, even the guards who were supposed to be protecting the woman with their lives stepped back.

"Are you bafoons just going to stand there? Do something!" The woman shouted.

The men ran to fight my rescuers off while Daina and I ran for cover. Her step mother noticed and ran behind us.

Xander punched the man separating him from me and rushed toward me with a worried look on his face.

"Are you okay!?" Did they do anything to you?" He kept throwing questions at me.

I turned to him and sighed.
"I'm okay.''

He hugged me close to him and kissed my forehead.

"I'm so sorry I broke my promise Emma."

"It's okay, it's okay! It's not your fault." I told.

He kissed my forehead once more before releasing his grip from around my waist. He then turned around and spotted Daina's step mother. It seemed as if he recognized her because he stared at her in disbelief.

The woman recognized him too.
"Prince Emilio!?"

"Carrisa!?"

"Nice to see my father didn't kill you when he had the chance." Xander replied.

"How'd you survive?" She questioned.

Xander only smirked.

"Why are you here?" He asked, his expression  turning serious.

She started shaking but she was trying her best to hide it.

"I came here to rescue my dear, dear, Daina." She said in a motherly tone.

Xander stared at her then chuckled, but there  was no joy in his chuckle.

"Let's try this again. Why are you here!?" Xander said coldly.

"Okay, okay Terriss sent me for the pendant around Diana's neck. He has my daughter, he is threatening to turn her into one of them."

Xander looked at her surprised.

"He has Sonya!?" He asked.

"Yes, that's why I've  been trying to separate Daina's family but I fell inlove with her dad and I want to use the crystal to free him and destroy the Gloans instead of giving it to them. To make my plan work I had to make Daina hate me. All her anger and hatred toward me  is being stored in that pendant and with it my plan will succeed." She replied.

Xander laughed so hard I thought he was about to collapse from exhaustion.

"Fall inlove!? Please! You think I'm gonna just fall for your stupid proposal. You've made a hole in my life all this time and now you show up with all this crap. I hate you, you  evil b-" Daina shouted before being cut off by Xander.

"I only came for Emma, and we're  leaving now." Xander said breaking up the argument.

Xander took my hand and tried to lead me away with him.

I looked over at Daina, she looked hopeless and disappointed. I then remembered my promise to her.

"Wait! I can't leave Daina! I have to help her and her dad." I told him.

"What!?" He asked looking at me.

"I know her father is a traitor to your clan or whatever, but I don't think you know the complete story. Her dad needs our help Xander."

He paused and stared at Daina. For a split second silence made a gap between us. I waited anxiously wondering what he was thinking. I was too terrified to read his thoughts.

"Uncle Grey is in trouble!?" Xander asked  breaking the silence.

  "Yeah, that witch poisoned him." Daina said pointing to Carrisa.

"Why should I help you?" Alexander asked eyeing Daina.

"I know my father is a traitor to your father's entire kingdom but I assure you there is more to the story than you think. He talked about you and your father a lot, he still admires you all. Please help us and we'll help you. We both know my dad knows more about the Gloans than any of us, I know he'll be able to help you." Daina replied.

Xander looked over at me. It was a look of confirmation. He looked as if Daina's presentation won him over.

"I'll go with you, but only because Emma insists and if I don't go she'll go anyway so I have no choice."

I held my head down and smiled at how well he knew me.

"What do we do with the Pixel?" D'angelo asked.

"She's coming with us. Tie her up so she doesn't try anything. I don't want the Gloans finding out where we are. This is a very risky trip." Xander replied to him.

"There's something we have to do when we're at the water fall of light." Xander told me.

I was confused but he didn't give me time to ask him what it was.

Him and D'angelo called out the name of something  and a large bird flew over toward us. I stepped back in fear and moved close to Xander.

"Don't worry, it won't hurt you." Xander said squeezing my hand.

We all got onto the bird and our journey to Grey kingdom began.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Th3 3nd
I really hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I did writing it.

Lemme know in the comments. Don't forget to vote and share.

If you're interested in joining my "Future with a vampire" fan club put your username and a Purple Heart beside it in the comments for more info .

@Shanti1st 💜