Boardwalk

I tapped my fork against my plate and stared up a the clock. " Emmi?" " Mhm?" I turned my head forcing myself to look a bit more awake then I felt. " Briselle asked you a question." My mom motioned her hands to the pink haired girl sitting next to her. " Can you repeat the question?" I said letting out a yawn. She laughed along with my parents and Harry. " What's it like having 5 siblings." " It's um..interesting." I rested my head on the table feeling my eyelids start to close. " Well I think we all better get going. We'll see you tomorrow Briselle." I heard my dad say. All in unison I heard chairs being squeaked across the floor. " No problem. See ya!" Briselle said and I soon heard footsteps walk and leave through the door. I then felt two arms wrap around me and pick me up. I opened my eyes slightly to see it was Harry.

Though being as tired as I was I rested my head on his shoulder and fell asleep.

*

I woke a little when I felt Harry place me in my bed. He took my shoes off and then put the covers over top of me. " Goodnight Emmi." " Goodnight Harry." I said it coming out like a whisper. " I love you." I smiled a little bit before closing my eyes and in one last sigh I said " I love you too."

*

I woke up to my mom shaking me. " Emmi we have to get up early and start boxing things away." I peeled open my eyes; feeling refreshed after having a full night of sleep. Our move was next week and we had to start really packing. I pulled the covers off of me and walked down the stairs with my mom being careful of the stray toys along the side. " Hey Emmi Lou." My dad was holding the camera as he was packing up things in the kitchen. " Hi." I ran over to my seat at the table as mom placed a bowl of cereal in front of me. " Are you excited to move?"

" Mhm.." I ate a spoonful of cereal and sat there for a while thinking. " I guess, but it is sorta sad to leave my friends behind." Dad nodded while finishing up his cereal and placing it in the sink. " Where's Harry?" I questioned finally noticing the absence of my brother. " Oh he went to go see Briselle early. We're gonna go meet them in an hour." " Cool." With that I ran up stairs getting ready for the day.

*

" So where are we going?" We now had just met up with Harry and Briselle at the boardwalk. All of them wanted ice cream while I would rather have cotton candy. So Briselle and Harry agreed to take me to the stand while everyone else rushed to get ice cream. As we stood there though I saw Harry's eyes dart to a spot and stay glued to it. " I'll be back.." He rushed off leaving just me and his girlfriend. " What color would you like?" " Um..pink." I said finally deciding. " I like that color to...obviously." She laughed a little and motioned to her colored hair.
I smiled and pulled out the money my parents had handed me. " Oh don't worry. I got it." She pulled out her wallet and handed it to the guy before I had a chance to say anything. " You didn't have to do that.." " Nonsense. It's fine." She thanked the guy before handing me the hot pink cotton candy. I took a bite and focused on how it melted in my mouth; counting how long it took. I did it that way since I was little.
Soon Harry ran over with a box in his hand. " Here I got you a present." He handed the box to her. I couldn't see what it was, but as I watched her eyes sparkle I knew it was something good.
" Harry.." She pulled a necklace out with diamonds around it. " Thank you." " Here let me help you put it on." He fastened it around her neck and gave her a kiss on the cheek. My heart fluttered with excitement. I loved Briselle and was happy for Harry. Though as we started to walk I saw Harry turn his head and look the other way. His expression was far from happy and I was going to figure out why.