Chapter 6:

Ty's POV:

To be honest I wasn't sleeping. I wasn't sleeping at all. I felt Adam kiss me on the forehead, and I never wanted that moment to end. It ended as soon as it started and I couldn't help but feel a little disappointed. Before Adam left I heard his phone vibrating on the bedside table nearby. Hearing some shuffling Adam picks up the phone. He starts talking.

"Speaking..."

"Is he alright?!"

"Thank you. Goodbye."

I hear him sigh and its shaky, showing he's in a fragile state. Pretending to just wake up I stretch, yawn, and look him in the eyes, taking in that beautiful face of his.

"Adam?"

"T-Ty..."

Standing up I groggily sit next to him on his bed and hug him from the side. I expect him to push me away, but he just hugs me back, pulling me closer. Not going to deny it, he smelled nice. It was like he sprayed some kind of cologne or something on himself. He probably didn't though. I was expecting him to cry or something but he didn't. Letting go of him I look him in the eyes. I see his eyes are blazing with anger. Surprised, I quickly stand up and back away. His anger turns into sadness.

"What's wrong Ty?"

"Nothing."

I sit back next to him and look at his face searching for the anger I saw just a second ago. No trace of the anger was left, only nervousness filled his features. Nervousness? Why would he be nervous?

"Uhh Ty?"

"Huh?"

"You're staring..."

"Oh sorry."

I blushed and looked away. In my train of thought I didn't even notice I was staring at him. Great, now he thinks I'm a weirdo. Looking back at him he seemed so cute. Cuter than I thought anyone else could be.

Without meaning to I leaned in and to my surprise he did too. Our lips connected and lets just say its the best kiss that ever happened. We kissed for a little bit and he licked my bottom lip asking for entrance. Refusing, he ran his hand down my side making me gasp and he managed to wriggle his tongue into my mouth. Our tongues tangled with each other while he explored my mouth. He had a kind of buttery taste like he finished eating a tub of butter. It was seriously addicting. When we both pulled away I put my head into the crook of his neck.

"I love you."

"I love you too Ty."

Jerome's POV:

I watch Mitch look after Jake when he runs back into the woods. He smiles and looks over the edge. Is he going to jump? No, he just turns around and starts to walk back through the woods towards home. Too bad I'm not going to be there to see him... Not wanting to watch him go home I use my little spirit powers to teleport over to see what Adam is doing. I know the police notified him of what happened. Is he going to the hospital to see me?

No, he's still at home and I catch him and Ty kissing. Oh. Good thing they can't see me. I always kind of figured they were meant for each other. They always seemed to be closer to each other than they were to the other guys. Wonder how many times they've done this without us knowing. After a couple minutes they pull away and Ty murmurs

"I love you."

Before I could see or hear anything more I zip over to see Mitch heading into the hospital. Guess he only got the call just now. He asks the lady at the front desk and she points him down the hallway towards my room. Before he leaves she hands him a paper. Looking closely, its a phone number. That's low, lady, just low. When he reaches my room he sits down and stares at me. Seeing all my injuries I see tears slip down his face. Not wanting to attract attention he sobs silently over my mangled body. He kisses me on my unmoving lips and I wished I could kiss him back. I barely hear him say:

"I love you so much Jerome. Even if you don't feel the same way."

Then he stands up, pulls a small flower from his pocket and lays it on the table near the bed. After that he walks away, out of the hospital and starts his long walk towards home. Oh Mitch, if only you could see how much you really mean to me.

Mitch's POV:

"I love you so much Jerome. Even if you don't feel the same way."

Pulling out a small flower I picked while walking through the woods out of my pocket I put it on a nearby table. I get the feeling he's still here even if he's in a coma. He's got to wake up one day, and when he does I'll be here waiting for him.

Leaving the hospital I think about Jake. I pull out the crumpled paper with his number from my pocket. Truthfully now that I knew that Jerome was in the hospital I wanted to spend as much time as possible with him. Dialing his number I wait for him to pick up. When he does he sounds kind of faint.

"Hello?"

"Hey Jake its Mitch."

"Hey, what's up?"

"I can't make it tomorrow I have something I have to do."

"Oh alright."

"I'm sorry maybe we can meet some other time, okay?"

"Okay bye."

"Bye."

Jake sounded really sad. I feel terrible for hurting him but I think Jerome needs me more than he does. If Jerome wakes up I want to be there to make sure he's okay even if the doctors will do most of that. I can't think about if he never wakes up. I want to spend as much time as possible with him in case they decide to pull the plug. I can't imagine a life without Jerome.