Staredown

~Silver P.O.V

The Gala is in full swing, conversation flowing, people dancing and laughing.
I exit the ladies room making my way toward my mum and a few other women elegantly dressed. You can tell they are all high ranked given by their powerful ora and they're obviously wealthy. Sometimes I overlook how stinking rich werewolves are.

" Maybe you should have spent more time raising that daughter of yours and we wouldn't be in this situation" The disgust in her tone doesn't go unnoticed.

" My daughter has a mind of her own I can't speak for her" mum says calmly to the dark-haired woman. She looks about mum age and truly beautiful. Mum shouldn't let that bitch talk to her like that. She's a great mum! She is awesome!

" That just goes to show parenting isn't for everyone. I see how challenging it must be for you especially a family like yours." The hostility in her tone irks the shit out of me. The blonde resembling her smiles proudly whilst the other women snickers at my mum embarrassment. That's it. No one talks to my mum like that or disrespects her in that manner. Ema saw my reaction.

" Silver don't-

Before she could stop me I step beside my mum fist clench attempting to control my raging bitch side. My smile is as fake as her extensions.

" I beg your pardon? Who the hell do you think you are? Quite frankly you have no right to pass judgement on her. She is an excellent Luna and a ridiculous awesome mum. '' The disrespect in my tone obvious. When I'm angry my British accent briefly reveals its self.

All the women glare at me. The dark-haired woman had a powerful ora around her, I am half tempted in submitting but I won't as must as I feel my survival instinct is screaming. Instead, I just smile proudly masking my distress and fear. Ema, on the other hand, looks like she's about to faint and mum tense but appreciates my kind words. Truth be told if she wanted me to submit she had the power to make that happen. Thankfully she didn't.

" Why am I not surprised. A pack with no morals, respect or honour. No respectable wolf would want to associate themselves with a pack like yours. So instead you accept-humans. Next, it'll be rogues." The dark hair woman chuckled at us haughtily.

" My brother will never ever associate himself with a poor excuse for a pack like yours or touch that tainted daughter. " spat the blonde near the dark-haired woman.

" You know nothing of my pack nor of respect." my mum retorts. Go, Mum!

" And that brother of yours" mum scoffs.

" We all heard the stories... mateless, bloodthirsty savage beast who screws anything in a skirt." mum continues. WOOOO HOOO mum!!! Yeah!!!

" And never talk to my daughter like that again, she is human but I assure you she has more heart and decency than all of you combine. As for Bethany like I said she has a mind of her own." mum spat like an angry mama wolf protecting her pup. A few heads turn our way. The women perplex at my mum outburst of me being her daughter.

" You will show respect to your highness and my mother" A husky deep melodious voice spoke with authority, power and sheer dominance. His mere presence demands attention and respect. A vague familiarity in his voice igniting a fire in my core. What the hell?

My mum lowers her head in submission. He might be a hottie with his perfect stupid silky black hair, perfect sparkly emerald green eyes, one can get lost in for days and perfect stupid full kissable cherry red lips with his perfect stupid lean muscular greek god body but he does not get to talk to my mum in that manner.

" Respect is earned, it's not given freely to those undeserving of it!" I retort. His stupid emerald green eyes pierce into mine and the world stopped along with my beating heart. A sudden warmth fills me and butterflies millions of butterflies in my stomach erupted. What the hell is happening? His eyes shamelessly checking me out causing my body to overheat.  I don't know if I should feel disgusted by his lustful gaze or turn on.