Chapter 2 It Goes with Your Ugly Face

Class goes well for the most part.  By well, that just means Marinette does not have any teachers that pick on her.  To say it is the best day ever would be to exaggerate, big time!  There is no way anyone in their right mind could think this! 

            Towards the end of the day, Chloe just so happens to get a higher mark on her test than everyone.  By anyone else that means anyone expect for the nerd, Adrien.  Chloe is not to happy to hear that someone else has the same test as her!  She thinks, the nerve of that boy!  Seriously, who does he think he is anyway?

          Later, Chloe comes to Adrien and slaps him. Marinette sees and can tell he is in shock. She looks at the source and says,"Chloe, why did you slap him?  What has he ever done to you?"

       "None of your business Dupain-Cheng!  Also, take this,"  Chloe says as she reaches up and yanks  Marinette's  hair, then she puts a hideous pin on her shirt, "By the way, It goes with your ugly face."  She walks off.

        Marinette stands their and sobs.  She thinks, why her?  Why does she treat my horribly since the day she saw me as a baby?   Was it really because of what my cousin, Isabella says?

       "Marinette, do not let her get to you." Adrien says. He gently touches her shoulder.  He looks at her with a look of  kindness.

        "It is okay.  She is right that some people will never have a normal face."  Marinette says sadly.

      "Marinette, why can you not see it?  You are pretty."  Adrien says.

       "Adrien, do not bother. "  Marinette says. She grabs up her back pack and runs home.

           Adrien is left there with a sad expression on his face. He thinks, why?  Why Marinette?  why does  she push me away?  Why does she  let Chloe say all those horrid things about her?  Why does she let her get to her like this?

           Marinette arrives home. She enters the bakery and sees her folks are hard at work. 

    "Mom, does this pin really match my face?"   Marinette ask.        

     "No, it does not."  Sabine says.

    "Marinette, my daughter, that broch, has got to be the most bent up thing we have ever seen in  our  lives."  Tom says.

     "Well, that is how it was when Chloe, the school bully, stuck it there."  Marinette says.

     "School bully?  You mean to tell  us , Chloe still picks on you?"  Tom says with a look of  annoyance at once.

     "Yes, she always does."  Marinette says.

     "Well, then we shall call her mother at once."  Sabine says.

    "Oh, that is not necessary."  Marinette says. She gives them both a  quick kiss on the cheek, goes upstairs and does her homework.

         Meanwhile, Adrien  is in his room as well. When he finishes his homework he thinks about Marinette.  He wonders,why does Chloe always give her so much trouble?  It is not like Marinette ever does anything to her.   He thinks, wait, could it be she is jealous of her?   

      Adrien smiles, then frowns when he remembers how Chloe told Marinette that ridiculous brooch she gave her went with her face and told her it was ugly.  He shakes his head.  He thinks,that is where Chloe is wrong.  If anything, he thinks that Chloe with all her makeup, nail polish and fashionable clothes is the ugliest girl he has ever seen in his life.  He cannot stand that girl!  

      Late that evening, Adrien is asleep with thoughts of Marinette in his mind. He smiles. He dreams about her as he often does.

      Marinette on the other hand is wide awake.  It seems she cannot seem to sleep. She just thinks about Chloe and what she told her earlier that day over and over again.  It is like her mind will not let her focus on anything else!   It is like even her own brain is against her if that is even possible!  She has another flashback to that  afternooon...

     Flashback...

      "...here take this,it goes with your ugly face! "  Chloe scoffs.

         Marinette cannot react.  She is not sure she even wants too. She just cries and thinks, perhaps Chloe is right.  Maybe,my cousin Isabella has a good point. Maybe, I was born just so people have someone to mock.   I mean why else am I like this?

      End of  flashback...

       Marinette  eventually falls asleep around 2 am.  She sleeps til 6 am when her alarm goes off.  She gets a total of  4 hours of sleep.  Four total hours when she could use more like eight hours.  She is all worn out when she gets up at 6:45 am.  Yes she hit the snooze button multiple times that day.  What with the little sleep she has what do you expect?   

      to be continued in Chapter  3  Ugliness It Runs in Your Blood