28

"All these people are so great. Sadly we have to limit." You were sitting in the auditorium seats holding the glee auditions with Artie and Shue.

"Hi, I'm Jake and I'm going to sing Never Say Never by The Fray."

"Go ahead, Jake." Shue cues him.

As he begins, his voice fits perfectly in the song. You were enjoying it and all of a sudden, Shue stops him in the middle of the song.

"Okay, results will be up by lunch."

"You're not going to let me finish?" Jake asked, confused.

"No, we have a ton of other people to look into. Thank you for your time." Shue politely told Jake.

Jake didn't seem happy, so when he walked off of the stage, he kicked over a music stand. You did not expect that.

"Woah, Jake. Are you going to pick that up?" You stood up, demanding him too.

"No, I'm okay." He shot at you. He shot you a dirty look and he walked off stage. You scoff.

"Who do we have next?" You snatched the list from Artie and glanced at it.

"Marley Rose, you're up." You spoke uneasy into the mic. 

The girl that you saw wishing to herself walks up to the stage, seemed like she was ready.

"Hi, I'm Marley Rose and I'll be singing Blow me one last kiss by Pink." Her voice cracked at the end but you didn't mind it. You saw potential in her.

"Good luck, Marley." You shot a bright smile at her. You saw in the corner of your eye that Shue was glancing over at you from the other side. He too did smile.

**

"Okay, the list will be up by lunch." Shue tells her. She stood there, not moving a muscle. She walked off stage.

"I like her." You whispered to Artie and Shue as you turn off the mic.

"I feel like she is holding back a bit." Shue mentioned to you, staring directly at you.

"She maybe is really nervous when it comes to singing in public, Shue. You can't let that define her performance." You answered back with some attitude behind it.

"I feel like in the future, she won't be the best of the best. She'll still hold back." Shue was still on the holding back thing. You also knew secretly, he was talking about you and not Marley.

"I'm confused." Artie quietly mumbled.

"Well I hope you know the reason why she's holding back because she doesn't want to take the spotlight for someone who actually deserves it!" You got up and yelled at Shue. The whole auditorium echoed your last word that you yelled. "Finish the auditions without me." You grabbed your backpack and turned around and walked away.

"Y/N, wait!" Shue stood but you held up your hand to tell him to forget about what he was going to say.

**

You stormed out of the auditorium and walked towards your locker. You opened it and took a deep breath, putting your textbooks in. You saw Blaine walking towards you with a big smile, making you instantly happy.

"Hey, how'd sitting through tryouts go?" He asked you then kisses you on the lips.

"They went okay." You sighed.

"Uh oh. Just okay?" Blaine asked as he politely took your backpack from you while you were digging in it taking things out and putting things in.

"Yeah, Shue and I got into it, again." You emphasized on the 'again.'