~Chapter five~

All-day, yes, I mean all day, this person who I regretfully decided to call my friend was walking me to and from class. But Isaiah is surprisingly interesting to listen too, I didn't conversation back, but I do nod my head to his rambling. At the end of the day though I was the first out of the class and out the school for obvious reasons.

He didn't catch up to me in time, so I was free, finally free. I opened the door and did the usual but then my front door opened. I looked over at who it could be and it was mom. I was shocked looking at her than the clock that read 2:15 pm repeatedly. "Um, I guess you already know what I am going to ask?" I said to mom.

"My boss got a new employee working in my division so my shifts have been modified." She explained with a wholehearted smile.

"That's great," I said happily, this means that she will be home more often now.

"Yeah it really is—-"She got cut off.

The doorbell ringed and Choco started to bark at it.

We both looked at each other in question. "Did you order pizza." She asked.

"No"

"Chinese." She guessed again.

Once again, I answered. "No"

"Sushi."

"No, I didn't order dinner," I told her before she continued this never-ending train of foods we usually order.

"Then who is that."

"I don't know," I said as I slowly walked to the door. Our peephole was painted over when the landlord decided to remodel and by remodel, I mean painting over old paint. So, I had no other choice but to open the door and check.

Standing in front of me was a smiling Isaiah. My eyes went big and on instinct, I closed the door in his face. I turned around panicking as mom looked at me confused as Choco barked happily next to me. He had seen what I had just seen but we both had totally different reactions.

"Who was that honey?" She asked after the long silence.

"No one" I instantly responded. As I glared down at Choco to stop barking.

"Hey Mark, it's Isaiah" he yelled loud enough that me and mom could hear while knocking on the door. Choco wagged his tail quietly looking at me with his tongue sticking out.

"Mark, who is this Isaiah?" Mom started to walk up to me with a stern look as she crossed her arms.

"Oh, he is a stranger," I said as I avoided eye contact with her. But she kept that glare directly at me making me sweat.

"Mark it's me Isaiah your best buddy." The idiot isn't making this any easier by spitting these kinds of stuff out.

"Woof" Choco said to me with a big smile.

"Best buddy?" My mom repeated to herself slowly growing a smile that grew even more as she thought about it more and more. "Oh my god Mark"

She shoved me away from the door and opening it. "Come in come in Isaiah." She invited him inside with the biggest smile ever. And Choco went wild.

I mentally killed myself how is mom gonna do this to me did I hurt her; say something I shouldn't have said, is mom holding a grudge on it?

All these things were going through my spinning head as Isaiah made small talk with my mom and Choco jumped right on his leg wagging his tail like a darn wip. I rolled my eyes and see if I could possibly escape from those two.

But I couldn't.

"Hey Mark, how come you never told me you were friends with such a nice young man." Mom said while elbowing me on my side very hard.