chapter twenty-three

Gerard smiled as Mikey placed a bowl of cereal in front of him.

"Thanks, Mikey." He grinned, as he brought a spoonful of the sugary contents to his mouth.

Mikey laughed, "No problem."

The younger put a dirty glass that was left on the counter into the dish washer. He sighed before closing it and leaning against the kitchen counter.

He watched as Gerard sent Frank a small message about wishing him good luck at work today, feeling his heart smile. The two were insanely cute and it really made Mikey want to fan girl like a teenage girl.

"So what are you doing today? Any plans?" Mikey asked, absently.

Gerard shrugged before speaking, "Frank's working today and I have a few paintings to finish so I was just gonna stay home." he swallowed his food before speaking again, "What about you, Mikes?"

"I don't know... Pete's meeting up with Ray for help on his new song." He sighed, "but hey, maybe we can go to the mall?"

Gerard nodded slowly, still smiling. "Yeah sure, let me just get dressed!"

The other laughed nodding, turning back to get a glass of water.

It had been so long since him and Gerard had hung out, just the two of them. Lately, Gerard had been hanging out with Frank and before he would just lock himself in his room. Not even leaving to get food.

But it was a nice change. And Mikey couldn't be more excited.

- -

"What about this shirt?" Mikey asked, as he lifted up a grey sweatshirt with a small dinosaur in the corner.

It was adorable, so naturally Gerard would look super-duper cute in it.

The two were going clothes shopping, and Gee couldn't decide on practically anything. Mikey was desperately trying to get Gerard to buy more clothes, since the last time Gee bought his own clothes he was seventeen.

And Gerard was now twenty two.

It was a miracle they still fit the pale boy.

"Mikes, that won't look good on me." Gerard sighed. He knew for a fact that most cute clothes would look disturbing on him. He barley looked good in a baseball cap, nonetheless a dinosaur hoodie.

"Oh come on, Gee. You would look amazing!" Mikey exclaimed, "You're trying it on."

"But-"

"Nope, you're doing this." The younger demanded, grabbing the other's pale little hand. Ignoring Gerard's little whines and complaints.

As the two walked to the changing rooms, Mikey grabbed a handful of random shirts and pants- and shoved the clothes in Gerard's hands.

"Go."

Gee grumbled as he got into the small fitting room, deciding his least favourite activity was now shopping.