Chapter 4

I looked over my shoulder when I heard footsteps coming. I'd been sitting under a tree by the field for over 2 hours now. I looked and saw Jacob, out of every possible person, it had to be him.

"Savannah?" He asked.

"What." I say in a cold voice.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Go away." I say.

He stands above me, looking down with an unreadable expression. I met his eyes with my own. I tried to read his eyes but I couldn't. I turned away again.

"Why are you out here? It's freezing." He says.

Was it? I hadn't noticed. Now that I think about itI am shivering though that was for more than one reason.

"Savannah? Atleast come back to the dorm." He says.

"Why." I say.

"Because I'd rather you didn't get sick and infect me." He says.

I sighed and got up. Not because he wanted me to but because he was right. It was cold. We walked back to the dorms in silence. There were still alot of people walking around. I ignored them all, deep in my thoughts. A place I'd grown to hate.

As soon as we got in our dorm I walked into the bathroom and locked the door behind me. I looked in the mirror again and cringed at my reflection. I looked away. What wasI becoming?

Half an hour later I walked out the bathroom wrapped in my towel. Jacob was sitting at the desk. His eyes flickered towards me then he turned completely, eyes wide. I blushed and quickly walked into the cloest. I got into my sweat pants and a tank top before wrapping my hair in the towel and emerging again.

Jacob looked up and smirked at me. I just ignored it and flopped onto my bed, my face in my pillow.

"Savannah.. What happened to you?" He suddenly asked.

I sucked in my breath. I was not about to tell Jacob about my past. The past only police and my aunt knew. No, I couldn't tell him. He was a man-whore remember.

"Nothing." I mutter from my pillow.

"Bullshit." He says.

"Why do you care?" I asked.

"Because I've never met someone like you before. So.. hidden. So far behind walls that they have no life left in their eyes." He says quietly.

I looked up in shock. Jacob? Deep? What? He realised what he just said and smirked.

"Kidding I don't actually care." He says.

I just let my head fall back into my pillow. Hailey was right. He was an asshole.

I feel asleep on my bed not long after that.

He grabbed at my arm and yanked me out of the closet. I screamed and yelled but no-one came to my rescue. No-one saved me from his sneering face. He pushed me towards the bed and I stumbled onto it. He laughed at my terrified expression as he started un-doing his belt. I continued screaming. No-one came. No-one was going to. The other people who lived here were already dead. My parents.

"Savannah! Jesus christ! Wake!" I heard a voice say.

I sat bolt upright, panting and crying. Jacob is crouching next to me with a horrified look. I looked at him with tears streaming down my face and my heart racing.

"God.. Are you alright?" He asked.

I couldn't respond. I could still see his eyes. The tears just kept coming as I sobbed. Jacob looked at me, seeing my body shaking with violent tremours. He reached forward to touch me but Iflinched away, wide eyes. He pulled back his hand.