Chapter 20

My eyes slowly focused on my surroundings as a bright light blinded me,

"Savannah?" I heard a voice say, one that had been talking to me a lot during my blackness.

I turned and looked at the face, I knew it wasn't one that should have been on one of the faceless people. I studied his face, it was handsome and.. familiar. He looked at me in disbelief then he was suddenly shouting for a doctor.

I cringed away from the loud noise and he stopped immediately but a man in a white coat rushed in. He ran to my side and started checking the screens by me before leaning down and shining a light in my eyes, I blinked away.

"Savannah? Do you know where you are?" He asked.

"Uhh a hospital?" I said as I took in my surroundings.

"Do you know why?" He asked.

I thought hard, trying to think of why I was here but I couldn't think past all the images, the man. I shook my head. I turned back to the guy who was looking at me in shock and happiness.

"Do you know who he is?" The doctor asked, pointing towards the guy.

I kept studying him and trying to remember who he was but to no avail, I shook my head. The guys face dropped and I felt bad thought I didn't know who he was.

"It may just be temporary, don't lose hope yet. We have to keep her here, her injuries are still quite bad. I have to go check on other patients now. Stay here and if anything happens call for a nurse." The doctor said before walking out.

The guy sighed before looking back down at me.

"Jeez Savannah, you really scared me there. I didn't think you'd make it." He said quietly.

I looked up at him and once again saw that he was familiar. I should know him, I should, but I couldn't quite reach the memory past the face of the man. I sighed.

"It'll be okay Savannah, I promise." He whispered.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"My name is Jesse." He said.

Jesse, the name rung a bell but once again I still couldn't reach the memory. I studied his face, trying to put the name to the face. It seemed to fit but there was still an air of not knowing. I didn't know what he was to me or how I knew him.

"Why am I here?" I asked.

Jesse's jaw clenched and he pulled the blanket that was over me, down. I watched him closely and then saw him pull the gown aside from my stomach. My eyes widened as I saw the thick bandages covering it.

"What happened?" I asked.

Jesse looked at me and I could see this was hard for him, I wondered why. Had he done something to me?

"You really don't remember anything?" He managed to say.

"No.. Not before.." I trailed off, not knowing how to say it.

"The coma?" He finished for me.

So I'd been in a coma, that's what the images had been. I tried to remember past them but I couldn't. I felt tears form in my eyes out of frustration. I wanted the images gone and my memory back!

"It'll be okay Savannah." Jesse repeated.

I looked up at him, filled with frustration. I stared and stared, willing for a memory of him to come forward. I was about to give up hope when it hit me.

All of it.

Every single memory came rushing back.

Mum, dad, stabbing, Ivydale, Jacob, Jesse, Hailey, Oliver, txts, gun, knife, Darren.