two ; weasleys' wizard wheezes

————————————

————————————

Aurora Areli

WE SPUN FASTER AND faster, my arm looped tightly with Harry's as blurred fireplaces flashed past us, making me feel a little nauseous. When we began to slow down, I threw my free hand out to bring myself to a halt in time to prevent myself from falling out of the Weasley's kitchen fire.

"Did he eat it?" Fred asked excitedly, holding out a hand to pull Harry to his feet, while George helped me.

"Yeah," Harry said, straightening up. "What was it?"

"Ton-Tongue Toffee," Fred said brightly. "George and I invented them, we've been looking for someone to test them on all summer . . ."

The tiny kitchen exploded with laughter. I looked around and saw that Ron was sitting at the scrubbed wooden table with Bill and Charlie. The latter of the two stood up and held out his hand for Harry to shake, grinning.

"How're you doing, Harry?" Charlie asked, as Harry accepted the handshake.

Bill stood up next with a smile, and also took Harry's hand. I had only met the eldest Weasley brother earlier that day, and his appearance came as something of a surprise, at first. I knew that he had once been Head Boy of Hogwarts, and worked for Gringotts, so I wasn't expecting the cool, laid back looking man he actually was. Bill was tall, with long hair that he had tied back in a ponytail. He was wearing an earring with a fang dangling from it, as well as edgy Muggle clothing and dragon hide boots.

Before anyone could say anything else, there was a faint popping noise, and Mr Weasley appeared behind George's shoulder. He looked angrier than I had ever seen him.

"That wasn't funny, Fred!" he shouted. "What on earth did you give that Muggle boy?"

"I didn't give him anything," Fred said, sporting an evil grin. "I just dropped it . . . it was his fault he went and ate it, I never told him to."

"You dropped it on purpose!" Mr Weasley roared. "You know he'd eat it, you knew he was on a diet —"

"How big did his tongue get?" George asked eagerly.

"It was four foot long before his parents would let me shrink it!"

Everyone but Mr Weasley roared with laughter.

"It isn't funny!" he shouted. "That sort of behaviour seriously undermines wizard-Muggle relations! I spend half my life campaigning against the mistreatment of Muggles, and my own sons —"

"We didn't give it to him because he was a Muggle!" Fred said indignantly.

"No, we gave it to him because he's a great bullying git," said George. "Isn't he, Harry?"

"Yeah, he is, Mr Weasley," Harry said earnestly.

"That's not the point!" Mr Weasley raged. "You wait until I tell your mother —"