Chapter 19: Out of the Dark

we're getting close to the end, folks... everything's coming full circle, most of the loose ends will be tied up, we'll even see more of how our main duo developed along the way.

also as far as I'm aware Morgan (male or female) doesn't have a Spirit in the game, but screw it I'm making him one

oh, and since he's mentioned at one point: Yuri Lowell, Tales of Vesperia © Bandai Namco

Hiding in my Skin, Broken from Within

Chapter 19 - Out of the Dark

"Ngh..." Snake groaned as he slowly awoke. "What...time is it...?" Getting up, he put the blanket he was covering himself with back into his supply bag. The air around him, Lucina and Captain Falcon had only become slightly warmer, but with a slight chill still.

Looking up at the dark sky, he thought aloud, "I guess a realm of pure darkness, or pure light, would have no concept of night or day. Kinda bothersome as you would lose track of time pretty fast..." Noticing Shulk and the others hadn't come back yet, he then concluded, "Guess they're still not back yet, but they should be soon. I should wake the sleeping lovebirds over there just in case..."

Slowly walking over to the slumbering couple, he elected to nudge his longtime friend awake first. "Cap? Rise and shine, buddy..."

"Mmm..." The Captain moaned as he awoke, the lights on his visor turning on as he opened his eyes. "Snake...? How long have we been asleep?"

"No idea," Snake answered him. "The others should be back any time soon, though, so it's best to get up now."

"You have a point..." Falcon admitted as he quietly stretched his arms before tenderly nudging his lover awake. "Lucina? Sweetheart...?"

"Nngh..." Lucina slowly opened her eyes and lifted her gaze to the Captain's. "Good morning, babe..." When she realized the Dark Realm had no concept of time due to the skies being perpetually dark, her face bore a puzzled expression as she followed up her statement with, "Good...evening? I don't know what time it is..."

Chuckling, Captain Falcon reassured Lucina as he softly ran his fingers through her hair, "Don't worry, none of us do either."

"Did you guys sleep well, at least?" Snake asked the two. "I didn't sleep that long. Feel like I've got enough energy for one more pocket dimension at least."

"In his arms, who wouldn't?" Lucina asserted lovingly as she cuddled closer to the man she loved.

"Heheheh..." The Captain giggled. "But yeah, I slept well too. It helps that we rested a bit before all this happened."

"I see..." Just then, something clicked in Snake's mind as he realized what his friend meant. "Wait a minute... you didn't..."

"Didn't what...?" The Captain asked apprehensively as he got up. Lucina stood as well, taking the blanket and walking over to Snake's supply bag a short distance away.

"You... and her? You actually...?" Laughing heartily, Snake playfully slapped Falcon's back as he announced, "You actually got some action?! Damn, you are on a roll!"

"S-Snake... can you not?" Captain Falcon turned away and blushed. It was at that moment Lucina heard Snake's comment after she put away the second blanket, that she immediately turned around and briskly walked over to Snake. "Excuse me... Snake?"

"Y-yes...?" Snake slowly turned over to Lucina and saw her serious, somewhat ominous facial expression as she glared at him.

"...Not a word of this to anyone else, Snake... got it?"