Chapter 12

Chapter Twelve:

I wake up in the middle of the night realizing that I've graduated from high school. I realize that I'm never going back to school and that tomorrow actually today, is the first day of my life after high school. Yes, I'm also doing college on the computer. Who cares if I'm antisocial. I'm still getting my education.

I get out of bed, put shorts on under my huge shirt, and tiptoe to Andrews room. This use to be Andy's room but since he no longer comes over it's now Andrews. I peek inside and see that he's awake too.

"Why aren't you asleep?" he asks as soon as he sees me.

"Um, I don't know.. my body just decided to wake up suddenly" I walk into his room and lean against the wall. "Why aren't you asleep?"

"Just thinking about something,"

I walk a little closer. "About what?"

"You know the usual teenage guy mind"

I'm in the middle of his room now. "Girls body parts?" I ask amused a little.

He laughs. "No. Guys have more on there mind than that"

"So, you admit that you think about girls body parts?" I bite my lip.

"How did we even get on this topic?"

"I don't know but I don't care. I just want to sleep with you tonight"

"Really?" He sits up on his elbows.

"Yeah, it's kind of a habit since I would always come in the room with Andy and sleep with him whenever I woke up in the middle of the night like this. I hope that's okay... "

"Oh uh ye - yeah that's fine" He shifts to give me space.

I smile. I knew he would be okay with it but it's only polite if I ask first. I go over to his bed and get under the covers. After I am all confortable and cozy, I realize that he's shirtless... thats the same problem I had with Andy. Why do guys sleep shirtless?

Every once in a while when I came in to sleep with him he would be shirtless. I had to lay with my back facing him so that I could concentrate and remove the dirty thoughts from my mind. So with that being said I roll over and face the bedroom door. The farther away from his shirtless torso the better.

"Is something wrong?" I hear him ask.

"Um no nothing.. I'm fine"

"Then why are you so far away from me?"

I don't want to mention anything about Andy because I can tell it bothers him. So what do I say?

"No reason" I simply say.

"Everything has a reason. So tell me the truth. Why are you facing your back to me?"

"Uhhh" think Marissa! "I like to see the light from the kitchen." Stupid! Stupid answer!

"You're a really bad liar"

I sigh. "I know... "

"Just tell me Rissy"

"Okay," I sigh once more. "it is just because...." Now how do I put this in a way where it won't focus on Andy or his body? "the male genders upper body without clothing is bad for my concentration... "Wow, real smooth Rissa. Real smooth.

"Wow Rissy" he laughs loudly. "You could have just asked me to put a shirt on."

"I could have but then you would've of known that your body distracts me" Way to go Marissa. Who says such stuff to a guy friend? Always blurting out the first thing that pops in your head. Smart idea.