Chapter 2: Wedding Day

WARNING! SOME CHARACTERS POV MAY HAVE ADULT THEMES AND MAY CONTAIN TRIGGERING SCENES! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! NOT FOR ANYONE UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE!!!

Catherine POV

I had been here a couple of weeks now. Each day grew harder than the last. I was constantly by his side. From morning during breakfast to the time he walked me to my room and went to bed. Every morning there would be a new dress for me wear. It made me nervous for the morning I wake up with a wedding dress hanging up.
"Good morning my sweet dark angel," he greeted me at the breakfast table, "I trust you slept well?"
"Same as I have when I arrived," I faked a smile and took my seat next to him. He sat unusually close to me this morning.
"So today, I was thinking we do some planning for the wedding." He grinned at me and stroked my bare shoulder with his fingertips. I froze and my cheeks turned pink. It felt wrong in my mind that I liked his touch but I resisted him. He did take me from my home and is forcing marriage upon me.
"Whatever my king desires," I softly spoke. I pushed the food around on my plate and stared at it. The eggs did look delicious but I just didn't feel hungry.
"What's the matter my love?" He moved my hair away from my neck and kissed my skin. I bit my lip slightly and then shuttered the thoughts that tried running through my brain.
"I just don't feel well this morning, that's all." I tried standing up but his hand caught my arm and he sat me back down. I gasped as his eyes met mine. They were angry. Furious. He got low and put his hands on each side of the chair so I couldn't escape him.
"What have I said about lying to me?" He spoke soft and sternly.
"Not too..."
"And what did you just do?"
"I lied to you, my king..."
"Exactly. You're going to be punished for that little lie. Mot right now, though. I know you're upset about this deal and being married to me in three days time. However, don't think I won't make your life hell." He stood straight up and looked at the guards, "Make sure she gets to Katy. I need that dress done by tomorrow now."
"I thought you said three days?" I abruptly asked.
"Not anymore. You've been here over a couple weeks now. I think speeding it up will be fine."
"Yes, sir..."
"Good girl. Now go see my seamstress, Katy."
"Yes, sir."

After I had finished eating some, fruit at least, Kaden had escorted me to Katy's room. We had met a few times over the weeks since I've been here. She was a nice lady. She had made a deal to Lucifer to be one of the best seamstress' in the world. Once she died, instead of putting her in of his levels of hell, he hired her to be his personal seamstress.
All the dresses I wore were made by her. She could create the most amazing gowns in less than a day. Like today, I was wearing a royal blue satin dress, with gold feather details at the bottom, and a tied corset in the back. One thing I noticed about all of my dresses, they were all strapless.
"Why do these dresses strapless?" I asked, feeling over the fabric.
"Need I answer that? Lucifer likes them that way. He requested all the dresses she made for you," she replied, "I just add my own creativeness to them."She was working on the wedding dress already. It was plain but she did just start. To be honest I wouldn't have minded it plain.
"I trust his eminence was decent this morning?" She asked.
"I suppose you can say that." I took a seat next to her and watched her as she concentrated on her work.
"So, what kind of dress are you making?"
"Not sure. I have a billions of ideas running through my head. This is a big deal. All the underworld rulers and their significant others will be here."
"Wait? There are other rulers?"
"Of course there is. There's Hades, Pluto, Erebus, Anubis, Tartarus. There's Ah Puch, he's Mayan. There's so many honestly."
"Are they all like Lucifer?"
"Most of them are. Some are just God's who bring death to people. Some are gate keepers. Then the rulers, but Lucifer is the main immortal king. He rules over everyone down here."
"I see..."
"Don't think about it too much. There wives are just like you. Taken, kidnapped, brought here from immortal deals."
"That's awful."
"It's the way of men I'm afraid. Before I made the deal with Lucifer, I was kidnapped and enslaved by a group of knights. Not the good kind either. Not the ones that are supposed to save the princesses and carry them home to be married. No, these ones pillaged villages, killed people, and raped women and children. Those are how knights really were."
"I'm sorry. How did you end up as a seamstress then?"
Katy sighed and put down her scissors. She took off her glasses and rubbed her eyes.
"I was young when the knights came. I was about seven. I was kidnapped and torn from my family. I was taught to sew buy another they had captured. For years we traveled with them for about a decade until I finally had my escape. Having being homeless I made a deal to become the best seamstress. I made gowns for queens and duchesses. I became quite wealthy. I became blind in my old days but I still made the best dresses. I died in a fire that was caused to my shop. Now I'm here. Working for the Dark Lord."
"Wow...  I'm so sorry."
"Don't be. I died happy. Now step into this. I noticed you gained some weight but you needed too. You were pretty much bones and skin when you got here."
"Yeah... My aunt would starve me for weeks without food. Only giving me very litter water on most days."
"I know, Lucifer isn't much of a romantic, but he does take care of his people."
"I just wished I wasn't forced..."
"We all do. You were sold as payment for another person. Wrong if you ask me. I would never do that to my family."
As I stepped into the dress and looked at myself in the mirror. It wasn't finished but it fit me well. It was strapless again and was tightly fit around my body. This was going to be the most exposed dress I would wear. I would be wearing not only for him, but for all the guests to see. His prized queen. His bride...