Part 7: Packing

WARNING!!! SOME POV MAY HAVE TRIGGERING SCENES! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

Catherine's POV

I sat in the bath and winced at the stinging sensation the ran through my legs. I cut deeper in my skin. I knew it was pointless because I couldn't die. But, the pain was a distraction from what I was feeling inside. The water seeped into my cuts. I've been cutting since the first night I came here. My depression has gotten worse from the beginning. It's also how I've been dealing with my sexual desires. I've been dealing with depression since I was little girl. Thanks to my aunt... I was startled when hearing a knock on my bathroom door.
"Lady Catherine? It's only me." Katy said, "May I enter, miss?"
"N-no, you may not. I'm not dressed." I stuttered.
"Almost done then, miss? The king wants to see you as soon as possible."
"T-tell him I'm already retired for night and wish to speak in the morning."
"He says it's important though, miss. I'm sure he'll let you go back to sleep after."
"I SAID NO!" I yelled. There was a long pause. I never once yelled at anyone before. Especially not to Katy.
"Y-yes miss. I'll let the master know you wish to speak in the morning." I heard my chamber door shut and I laid my head down on the edge of the tub. I felt bad for yelling at Kath but I couldn't risk anyone seeing what I've done. Especially Lucifer... He would be furious at me.
I got out of the tub and in a towel. I dried off and changed into my nightdress. Something was going on with me and I didn't like it. It was like this place was changing me. I didn't like it... I braided my hair and stared at my reflection in the vanity. I sobbed and cried knowing how much of my mother I looked liked. Knowing how disappointing she would be in home if she knew I was here. I laid my down on the vanity and cried until I fell asleep.
When I awoke the next morning found myself in my bed. Not remembering how I got there. I fell asleep by my vanity the night before after crying myself to bed. I looked over to see a breakfast tray and a letter sat on my nightstand with a vase of hydrangeas and orchids.

Catherine,

I found you sleeping at the vanity. I know it was improper but I came in to check in on you and found you asleep. I tucked you into bed and made sure you were comfortable. I hope you like the flowers I left for you. Your mornings should as beautiful as you are my dearest. I' asked the servants to serve you breakfast in bed. I hope you like it. See you soon.

-Lucifer

P.S. I hope you wear the new dress I bought for you.

I stretched and yawned as I saw the simplest, plain, powdered blue dress lay on the chair. It was most beautiful. I was surprised he left me such a dress more towards my liking.

(I DO NOT OWN THIS PHOTO. FOUND ON PINTEREST)

After eating the food that was served to me, I got myself ready and then admired myself in the mirror once more

After eating the food that was served to me, I got myself ready and then admired myself in the mirror once more. It was truly a beautiful dress. I felt myself again. I put on my white gloves that went up past my forearm. I didn't need anyone to see those scars either...