Chapter 8, Mel

After hearing what Oda said, I just needed to get away. I took the next train to London to get a plane which I booked on the train. Luckily Andy missed the train and I had the train to basically myself and I could think about a lot of stuff. When I got to the airport, I got some stuff to eat, my tickets and some other stuff and then went straight to the plane where I sat next to a girl. I figured she was around 10, she had an iPad with her and some earphones. 

As that girl turned around she started smiling immediately. "I'm sorry to ask but are you Mel, Andys girlfriend?" I nodded and looked out to see Andy waving like a crazy man at me. I had a few tears in my eyes because I knew that we wouldn't be able to keep our relationship this stable if I really fly back to Austria like this, without one single goodbye. "What is wrong with Andy? Why isn't he with you? Did something happen?" So I told her the story and she just hugged me and said: "It's not Andys fault tho and I think you should talk to him when the plane lands in Austria." I nodded and we both watched a few vlogs and covers from the boys till we landed. 

Turns out her name is Amiee and she named her cat after Andy. I waited with Amiee for her mum and together we went to a cafe. "Melllllll? Can I please talk to Rye for a minute? I really wanna ask him a few things." I sighed. "Okay but wait a minute. I am gonna tell Rye that, okay?" She nodded and jumped up and down on her chair but then her mum dragged me to a small space. "What do you think that you are doing? You probably don't even know them in real life. So get your hands off my daughter before you hurt her." I looked at her and had a few tears in my face again. Stupid emotions. 

"I have parents like you who would just say that supporting a boyband is just a phase. That was till a few weeks ago when I told my parents that I would actually move to the UK with one of my best friends from Norway. I met her through this band Roadtrip. And yes, I am aware that this band can't replace a friendship but they give you speeches about how important it is to follow your dreams, to not start not eating cause you feel like you need to lose weight, to not lose hope when you have bad days, to keep going when you feel like giving up. When I was at that point of taking my life, Andy told his story about him fighting depression and anxiety. He gave me hope that there is something out there that I haven't seen yet what will make me happier. Andy was right, I found the thing that made me happier. It was a group chat that is called whoop whoop. I met so many amazing girls through this chat that life was worth it after a long time. After we moved in into this flat, we found some stuff. As we moved into the previous flat of the Roadtrip boys, we knew where to put the stuff. We went to their house and then it all started. So if you wanna stop your daughter from talking to Rye, okay but know that Amiee will go through a period in her life where she might not be able to follow their timeline and she will remember that you stopped her from talking to Rye because you were selfish." 

With these words, I went outside and called Rye. "Mel? We were worried sick. Where are you?" I looked at the floor. "I am back home in Austria cause I didn't want to deal with anything. I am sorry Rye but Oda knows what Eb did to me and I really don't want her with me, not if she starts another fight at the funeral of my grandmas." "I understand, we'll figure it out. Andy is on his next flight, he will be here in eight hours I think. Talk to him then." "Yeah I will Rye, there's a girl that wants to talk to you," I put the phone to the facetime call modus and went inside to Amiee and gave her the phone. I looked at her mum and she genuinely looked happy. Probably cause she understood how important this call is to Amiee, her daughter.